Help deciding on job offers from different regionals.

Cause you're exiting the CONUS and living somewhere where it's fairly secluded. Way up north so it's got its reputation for having arctic weather. Anchorage ain't cheap either from what I'm hearing
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain they offer no relocation assistance so moving there sounds costly

Some people like that sort of thing and more power to you but for a vast majority of dispatchers, they want to live in the CONUS. There are dispatchers that refuse to move out of their state let alone to Alaska

Haven't heard of RAVN having a bad reputation as an airline

I know when I was in the military I met people who absolutely raved about Alaska and how much they would like to go back there. It's not cheap, but ANC has everything a big city in the USA would as far as movies, restaurants, etc. Now, flying back to the CONUS to visit family and friends would be a longish trip, of course, but not that much of an ordeal. There's nothing wrong with Republic either, I know that the majors have been hiring from them quite a bit for UA, WN, etc. but the work at Ravn sounds a bit more interesting to me for a first gig.

I know when I was in the military I met people who absolutely raved about Alaska and how much they would like to go back there. It's not cheap, but ANC has everything a big city in the USA would as far as movies, restaurants, etc. Now, flying back to the CONUS to visit family and friends would be a longish trip, of course, but not that much of an ordeal. There's nothing wrong with Republic either, I know that the majors have been hiring from them quite a bit for UA, WN, etc. but the work at Ravn sounds a bit more interesting to me for a first gig.

And I'm sure you could find a regional to come back to down in the CONUS after a year or 2 if you decide that's better for your career. We are all so focused on getting to a major that we don't take time to enjoy the trip to get there.

Back