Help! Best classes/courses to take..

Joshua949

ok...in high school i already know what classes i am required to take in order to go to college, but I believe & was told by people that i should lean more toward business classes since they dont have anything for aviation...what's you opinion...

also, in college...what would be my best degrees to earn...i know i most definitely want to earn a bachelor's & business degree...business degree to fall back on...in case something happens...you opinion again..

thanks..
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
k...in high school i already know what classes i am required to take in order to go to college, but I believe & was told by people that i should lean more toward business classes since they dont have anything for aviation...what's you opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

Any class that you have an interest for. If your high school offers a leadership class (ex. JROTC) that might help you out for building leadership skills.

[ QUOTE ]
also, in college...what would be my best degrees to earn...i know i most definitely want to earn a bachelor's & business degree...business degree to fall back on...in case something happens...you opinion again..

[/ QUOTE ]

A Business degree is good (I might do the same - it is between Aeronautical Science and Business for me). But once again, any major that you have an interest for.

Just take challenging classes and do well. Once you complete that task you will have opened doors to whatever college you should choose to pursue. If you already know what type of college you plan on attending then focus on relative classes.

As many have posted here before, good idea to major in something other than aviation so you have some sort of a backup in the event you are furloughed or lose your medical. As for specific courses, business, economics, math (not calculus), physics. Maybe a minor in science, it will be useful if you know fluids and electrons behave. Also some classical physics, since what we do has much to do with conservation and redirection of energy.

I hate to give negative input on this but im not sure i would go for a business degree unless i either planned to get a masters or knew someone, because i know lots of people who have a degree in that and criminal justice and arent able to find a decent paying job that just a high school grad can get. It could be just the area i was in or there could have been because of something other reason. If I was going for a non aviation degree i would go into something like nursing or teaching that way there wont be no doubt in you getting work in the event you furloughed. Just some food for thought, do what you want and whatever you will make you happy now and in the future.

Back