Hello from a (relatively) new member!

C172 Heavy

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself as I've been a long time lurker and now first time poster. I followed a life long dream and attained most of my ratings though one of the big name aviation schools (read:expensive) in the mid/late 2000's before running out of money after graduating and departing for other worldwide/corporate America ventures. I was absent from aviation for many years with my wet commercial and aviation degree not planning on or thinking I'd ever return professionally. However with a few pokes, prods and kick in the pants motivation from family and friends who knew it was always my passion (and by now some of whom have worked their way to a few major airlines), I started researching back in to it. As such, low and behold, I actually made the move a little over a year ago. I left my job, got current, figured out what the new Foreflight thing was that everyone was talking about, put a good bit of studying and dedication in and worked my way to becoming a CFI and have been actively employed as one ever since.

I'd like to throw out a great many thanks to those here who have provided their advice, knowledge and opinions on this forum and submit that it has been greatly beneficial to myself and many others whom I personally know peruse these boards. I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring and make an effort to hopefully help others as so many of you have possibly unknowingly done although I most certainly have much less experience.

Apologies if this is too long an introduction and/or I don't have this online forum thing figured out yet. I do however look forward to continue to educate and further myself from the experience and guidance of the members here and paying it forward where I can..

Back