Hello Darkness My Old Friend...

That's too bad. But it may be good for the city. Once Delta starts pulling out I bet a couple airlines will move in. Wouldn't be surprised if another LCC makes it a hub or some type of focal city. Hasn't Alaska always wanted to extend their eastern presence?

Re: This facility doesn't help CVG's case much either

At 200 miles away, especially . . .

262289239_d763fbdb54.jpg

070628_dtw_waterfeature_02.jpg

0794705.jpg

DTW is a great airport.

From Deltanet:

Richard tells Cincinnati Enquirer his view of CVG's future

December 5, 2008

Richard Anderson was among several business and civic leaders who discussed the future of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport in Friday’s Cincinnati Enquirer.
As part of a package of stories the newspaper has published on the airport, Richard’s comments were included in a feature called “What’s the future of CVG? Views from the Top.” Here’s the full text of Richard’s remarks in the newspaper:
“We are today really working hard to make certain we have a hub structure that is right-sized for the local population, and Cincinnati is the second-smallest metro area to have a hub, and has the lowest amount of local travel of any hub. But that being said, you go to any chamber of commerce meeting in the U.S., and they will tell you that one of the biggest drivers of economic benefit is having an airline hub. So our vision for CVG is to continue to build connecting opportunities. The more traffic we can flow through Cincinnati, the more powerful the hub will be. And that flow traffic provides non-stop traffic for the local community and helps build economic growth. We are committed to making it work there, which is why we have put the investments into the facilities there, into the airplanes, and into all the employees we have there locally, and why we have created a new strategy that will provide much better levels of service for folks there as well as more connectivity through that hub.”
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Oh I love Richard! He's such a kidder!

That sure came out of his hole beneath the waistline.

Then why cut PWM and BGR flights completely if you are trying to flow connectivity through the hub. And if you were doing so you wouldn't be able to close terminal C either. :banghead:

That sure came out of his hole beneath the waistline.

Then why cut PWM and BGR flights completely if you are trying to flow connectivity through the hub. And if you were doing so you wouldn't be able to close terminal C either. :banghead:
PWM too! I knew about BGR, but i though we still had a flight or two to PWM. Boy nonrevving outta here is going to start getting to be a pain in the arse!:banghead:

PWM too! I knew about BGR, but i though we still had a flight or two to PWM. Boy nonrevving outta here is going to start getting to be a pain in the arse!:banghead:

Yeah, I checked, there is still a flight, but its going in the next round of cuts.

Howie, what are you doing in Maine? :)

I guess there's always going thru DTW, if they fly to DTW.

Crap, is it "they" or is it "we"? Oh hell, i work for Southernjets anyway, so it really wouldn't be a "we" as it is...

Howie, what are you doing in Maine? :)

I guess there's always going thru DTW, if they fly to DTW.

Crap, is it "they" or is it "we"? Oh hell, i work for Southernjets anyway, so it really wouldn't be a "we" as it is...
My grandfather, his brother and sister share a summer house up in Pine Point(Scarborough for you ME people;)) which is just south of Portland. We usually go up around Labor Day for a week.

To make it even more confusing, it's either 9E, XJ or Compass doing the DTW-PWM run. We used to, not sure if we still do.

Back