Hello all

CAVOK

Just thought I would get my feet wet in the forums. I have been following jetcareers for about two years now, and finally decided that I just had to start chiming in. I'm currently a CFI working on the ever daunting task of building time. I am also an assistant dispatcher for an international charter airline. I love what I'm doing! Teaching people to fly is one of the most rewarding things I have done in my young pilot career, and dispatching is giving me some excellent insight to how us "guys on the other side of the ACARS" live...but I'm chompin' at the bit to climb the career ladder. I look forward to talking to you all.

Shane, welcome!

CFI'ing was fantastic. This might sound bizarre, but I actually had more fun being a CFI than I had flying 1900's at my previous airline.

BTW, I'd be forever indebted to you if you wrote about dispatching for my users! Man o man, I've had six years of people writing me about dispatching and I have ZERO experience with such.

RVS and TUL...but, Tulsa is a very pilot saturated town. You can stand on any street corner, throw a rock, and hit 3 or 4 CFIs. So when the opportunity knocks...I'm gettin' out of Dodge.

Hey Doug! Good to be greeted by the master himself. I will definitally see what I can do along the lines of posting. Happy to be here.

Happy to have ya here!

Honestly, the more the merrier!

[ QUOTE ]
RVS and TUL...but, Tulsa is a very pilot saturated town. You can stand on any street corner, throw a rock, and hit 3 or 4 CFIs. So when the opportunity knocks...I'm gettin' out of Dodge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly cause of Spartan right?

Matthew

Come down here to PHX if you want to see saturation .... good god. Throw a rock here and you hit three or four CFIs, it ricochets hits a couple of airline pilots and then takes out about a gazillion student pilots. Everyother car has an AOPA or "I love flying" sticker on it.

I'm thinking of moving to montana or some such place. Can't be many pilots there.
smile.gif

Oh, yeah, welcome and all that.

[ QUOTE ]
Come down here to PHX if you want to see saturation .... good god. Throw a rock here and you hit three or four CFIs, it ricochets hits a couple of airline pilots and then takes out about a gazillion student pilots. Everyother car has an AOPA or "I love flying" sticker on it.

I'm thinking of moving to montana or some such place. Can't be many pilots there.
smile.gif

Oh, yeah, welcome and all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. There's WAY too many pilots in the PHX area, almost like a pilot's soup kitchen around here.

Don't forget the "My other car is a F-16/DC-10/Space Shuttle (fill in)" license plates seen everywhere in town.

Then there's SDL airport.....but we won't go there...it's got it's own thread around here.

Back