Hello all, Im new and introducing myself

Wildman Wilson

Hello everyone,

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Liam Wilson and I am 25 years old. I was referred to the site by a friend who works in the SFO tower, and he said that there were a lot of nice people here who all have one thing in common; we love aviation. A little about me, I did 6 years in the Air Force as a crew chief on the KC-135, and was deployed once. I was stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. While I was there, I got my 2 year Associates of applied science degree in Aviation MGMT and Career Pilot Tech, as well as my PPL. I hold 65 hours in mainly a Cherokee 140, and some in a Cessna 172.

I now live in Daytona Beach, Florida, and will be attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in the Spring semester of 2016 studying Aeronautics. I will be using my G.I. Bill, and working towards a goal of getting a commission in the Air Force so that I may go back in and get a pilot slot. I have a little over a year and a half left until I get my bachelor's degree, and hopefully then I can get into OTS, get a pilot slot, and then achieve my ultimate dream which is to become a fighter pilot. I am looking forward to meeting new friends here and learning from everyone's experiences!

Welcome! Don't let the trolls make you stop posting, and stay away from me. I'm a total ass. We like to imagine this as @Derg's living room so don't pee on the carpet.

It looks like you have big plans and are doing things right for your age. Congratulations on that! If there's anything any of us can do to help, questions to answer, whatever, don't hesitate to ask. There's a great group of everyone from airplane enthusiasts, airport Ops, regional, corporate, military, and then people like the Major Domo, a captain for a major airline.

Welcome!

What a coincidence. My father flew the KC-135. Over FIFTY YEARS AGO! From around 1960 until he retired in 1974, with one year out of the 135 flying the O-2 out of Da Nang.

Welcome.

The Stratotanker! How cool is that! First off, thank you for your service and welcome to the forum. There are some current and former AF guys here to keep you company and offer their advice and support. Lots of Military members from the rest of the branches as well. Sounds like you have a good plan/goals and you're committed and working on them. Wish you the best of luck. - Gerry

Welcome to the fray! @DPApilot said it best...Don't mind the stains on the carpets/walls/furniture. And if you find any good places to eat or peoplewatch in your travels, I'm all ears.

Works in AN SFO Tower. :)

Glad you joined man. Liam is a great guy, one of my best friends from Middle School and still to this day. He's overcome more than most people I've met to get where he is today. Happy to see him here.

I'll add, Liam is looking around for an aviation job at DAB at the moment. The airlines aren't hiring and I don't know anything about the FBO's and other companies he's applied to. If anyone may have any info, please shoot the guy a PM.

Last edited:

Glad you joined man. Liam is a great guy, one of my best friends from Middle School and still to this day. He's overcome more than most people I've met to get where he is today. Happy to see him here.

I'll add, Liam is looking around for an aviation job at DAB at the moment. The airlines aren't hiring and I don't know anything about the FBO's and other companies he's applied to. If anyone may have any info, please shoot the guy a PM.
I was going to say - "one left, line up and waaaaaaait?"

Oh, he was referring to you in his original post?

I take back everything I initially said. Guy must be a scumbag.

Back