Helicopter training as part of college program? Questions

jttocs

My son who will be graduating high school this year is interested intraining as a helicopter pilot and trying to get as much info aspossible. There's obviously alot of colleges with aviation programs. Since it looks like you're on your own to pay for flight trainingseparately from a college program, can a student choose to dohelicopter training rather than fixed winged training as part of acollege program? Does flight training qualify for financial aid aspart of a college program? Thanks for any info!

Re: Helicopter training as part of college program? Questio

I believe University of North Dakota has a rotary wing program but the general consensus here is that you should major in something outside of aviation and do flight training on the side. :)

Re: Helicopter training as part of college program? Questio

Kansas State University at Salina has a helicopter training program. They do both helicopters and fixed wing...but in the same amount of hours as a fixed wing commercial certificate (by doing both it will save you some $$ which is always good!). I would highly recommend getting in contact with the admissions office, and they'll point you in the right direction.

Back