Heli CPL question?

swisspilot

Hi guys,

I hold ASEL, AMEL, CPL IR.
And I would like to get my Heli CPL.

I live in Brazil, I'm trying to get a Job as a pilot here but it's really hard, most regional airlines (OceanAir, Azul, Passadero) are hiring, it's crazy they take fresh CPL holders and they put them in an EMB190. but I'm not Brazilian so for me it's impossible to get a job in an airline. Varig log is hiring also, but I don't have the TT they are looking for. There is lots of flight schools here, and I'm a CFI, but the school to hire you has to show that they are not able to find a local to cover that job, and if you are lucky you can get in for a 6 month contract after that they have to do the same thing again, look for a local. I'm trying to find something in a small charter operator over here, but I have not been lucky yet.

On the other side seems it's pretty easy to get a job on an heli, they have lot's of small piston ones and there is a huge demand for turbine pilots, the oil indistry is growing crazy here and they are in need of pilots.

A small school about 30 miles from where I live has a schweizer, and seems to be one of the only one in the Rio de Janeiro area. So I'm planning to go to the US in the event I ll take this Heli thing a bit more serious.

There is no conversion here, just a validation, which it's gonna be just a flight, since I ll already have the law exam and the medical done for fixed wing.

Any school you guys can advice me? Robinson or Schweizer? Money is not a problem but would be nice if I could save something on training to get some timebuilding, and end up with something more than 50 hours.

TT will not be a big issue for jobs on a R22 or Schweizer here.

Thx

Schweizer verses Robinson. Mets or Yankees. Jets or Giants. Cessna or Piper. Bonanza or Mooney. Airbus or Boeing. New York or LA. Did I forget any? Train in the one you think it's most likely you'll fly when you return... or do it the other way around if you think it does not matter so you'll get experience in both type of aircraft and rotor systems.

Schweizer verses Robinson. Mets or Yankees. Jets or Giants. Cessna or Piper. Bonanza or Mooney. Airbus or Boeing. New York or LA. Did I forget any? Train in the one you think it's most likely you'll fly when you return... or do it the other way around if you think it does not matter so you'll get experience in both type of aircraft and rotor systems.

thanks!

Anyone tried OFT in Orlando Florida?

Did you look into KTIX ( Spacecoast regional, they have a big Helo school there). Cant think of the name off the top of my head, but you should be able to google it

Back