Headsets

Airlines

Hey everyone,

Well, I know there have been plenty of topics on headsets, but I still have a question. I am pretty much sold on the DC 13.4, but I am confused about the difference between the 13.4 and the 13S (stereo). Also, how much is ANR, and is there a site that has a picture of a DC 13.4 with ANR (if it even comes like that)? Thanks.

Take a good look at the lightspeed ANR headsets. I've tried a lot of different DC headsets and honestly I don't see what all the fuss is about. The lightspeed ANR's really can't be beat for the price. I've used the 20XLs for a year now with rechargeable batteries and they have been great. My 2 cents!

My advice: ANR all the way!!!

But if you're set on the passive 13.4s, all stereo does is let you hear in flight music in stero if you're into that.

[ QUOTE ]
Take a good look at the lightspeed ANR headsets. I've tried a lot of different DC headsets and honestly I don't see what all the fuss is about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Say No to the chili bowls on the ears look!

Yeah the Flightcom Denali are great. The Lightspeeds are great too, but I wore my buddy's last weekend for a 1 hour hop and my ears were sore after. The outside of my ear was sore from the indide of the cups squeezing against my ears, and my head is small. But, he doesn't have that problem and neither do 7 of my friends also are ok with them, so bear that in mind. I'm the only one that complained of that.
They work great.

I have the Flightcom ANR with gel cups and I love them. The Flightcom ANR's come w/foam cups and I swapped w/gel.

I've owned FlightComs, SoftComms, ANRs, Telex, etc throughout the years.

I always come back to David Clark. The two David Clarks I have are still in great shape. I can't put my finger on it, but they are worth the extra money. They are just higher quality than these other brands. They survive the beating that pilots give to the headsets.

I know very little about the company. I know they are made in Worcester ("What's this here", "Wooster", "Woo Woo City", etc) Mass.

The cables last. The connectors don't fall off. The stock Ear pieces have to be replaced occasionally but I bought those big, oversized Softseal thingies and they last.

Now there is a bunch of companies that sell noise reduction circuitry that fits right in the ear cup. I'll be checking that out soon
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now there is a bunch of companies that sell noise reduction circuitry that fits right in the ear cup. I'll be checking that out soon
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I converted our DC 13.4s to anr with an aftermarket kit, No problems at all.

I swear by the Lightspeed 20XLs. I have had them for almost a year and average about 50 hours on a set of batteries. The are comfortable, light weight and the noise reduction is awesome. I flew a seven hour trip two days ago and not once knew I had the headset on. The only downfall to them is that when the baterries quick you can't hear a thing. Have a spare on standby or check the battery monitor before you fly and if the are low, change the batteries.

I have the 20XL's too, and I love them. They are so quiet and but as cimepilot said, make sure you have two spare batteries with you when you fly. When the batteries quit, it is so loud.

Back