Headset Excitement!!

robair73

I just got my David Clark 10-60 headset in the mail today from Marv Golden. Does anyone look somewhat normal wearing these things. My head looks like a giant watermelon. I can't wait until April! By the way, I took my PPL written on Saturday @ Trenton, NJ. Got one wrong. That 98 looks so dissapointing. I really wanted that 100. Oh well, on to instrument.
wink.gif

Does anyone besides the instructors ever see those written scores, i.e. potential employers? Or do they not even care what kinda scores you get in training?

Well, your examiner will see it, but I find it highly unlikely that the faa keeps record of this. I could be wrong though...

[ QUOTE ]
I find it highly unlikely that the faa keeps record of this

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe all your scores and medicals are kept on file in Oklahoma.

They can be but nobody takes the time. If you pass, you pass, if you fail, no one will probably ever know except you and whoever you get to sign off on re-training.

I have never heard of anyone being asked what their score was outside of a checkride oral.

[ QUOTE ]
My head looks like a giant watermelon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to consider wearing a little sunblock in the cockpit!

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone besides the instructors ever see those written scores, i.e. potential employers? Or do they not even care what kinda scores you get in training?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that the examiner kinda looks at your score and bases his oral quizzing on that. Meaning that kinda determines how long your oral will be and how much he/she may quiz you during the ride. But that's heresay. Don't really know if anyone cares after you get the ticket.

SigAV8R

I dunno about that; I got a 98% and my PP oral was still 2.5-3 hrs. It had nothing to do with my written score, my DE simply went down the PTS item by item and said "talk to me about ____" for each.

SigAV8R, long time, no hear--I'm guessing you're down at JAX, do fill us in when you get the chance. I'm very interested in hearing about your Citation rides.

Back