Headed Home!

Awesome! I love Pittsburgh Burg… Berg… Crap, however you spell it but congratulations!

PIT. None of those big airport local controllers have anything on the workload that the local and ground controllers here at MZJ tower have… haha

3EFD5B6C-D283-4AF5-A341-4AFE7F70566F.jpeg

Last edited:
PIT earns their money in the radar room. But there is nothing like working ground control during severe weather avoidance at JFK

PIT earns their money in the radar room. But there is nothing like working ground control during severe weather avoidance at JFK

there’s actually nearly zero going on at my field. Haha. Makes the Maytag repairman look busy..

Welcome home @greg1016 ! I always make sure to bring students into PIT a few times over the course of their training... it's nice to have a relatively 'not too busy' Class B with friendly controllers in the neighborhood.

Ah cool! Hope to chat with you when we head in there. I used to work for LJY as well.
Welcome home @greg1016 ! I always make sure to bring students into PIT a few times over the course of their training... it's nice to have a relatively 'not too busy' Class B with friendly controllers in the neighborhood.

I was at AGC from 2016-20 so yinz might recognize the voice.

So after a long search for greener pastures, I have received my firm offer for Greater PIT ATCT, I'll be starting at the end of May and can't wait to be home. I just better not F this one up this time, because it is the ATC job I have always wanted. :biggrin:
Cool, congrats..One of my favorite airports.

Send a DM if you are ever overnighting...goes for everyone here. MHT till the weekend before memorial day, PIT after that.

So after a long search for greener pastures, I have received my firm offer for Greater PIT ATCT, I'll be starting at the end of May and can't wait to be home. I just better not F this one up this time, because it is the ATC job I have always wanted. :biggrin:

THATS AWESOME! Congrats!! When I was a kid attending Moon Junior High I would skip class and ride my bike to the end of 28R to watch all of the USAir DC9s and 737-200s takeoff and land. (Years later I’d fly some of those same DC9s). I was based in PIT over the years with three different airlines and it has always felt a little like home away from home. All my best to you in this career milestone! Hope to talk with you on the radio someday soon!

Back