Hawaiian Airlines Dispatch Posting

I know that the spreadsheet says they start at $35.71 and it was updated in 2022, but I am hearing through the grapevine they may be paying more now… Does anyone have a definitive starting pay? Or does it go up from $35 after training? Hawaii would be amazing but as usual COL always something to strongly consider. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's not your average consideration, for those of you "just looking for the next posting up," as obvious as that may sound.

Hawaii is incredible. Good luck to one and all. Just remember. It's a serious hike.

Good luck.

Part of why I went into aviation 7 years ago (before dispatching) was to eventually work and live in Hawaii, for at least a few years if not permanently. It is something I have put a lot of thought into. Definitely a lot to consider.

Hawaiian Dispatcher just got hired at Delta. Should explain the reason for the posting.

What kind of dispatcher does Hawaii normally hire? Do they hire from regionals or isHawaii a placethat normally hires from Alaska/Frontier/Spirit/etc?

I used to work with a guy who was hired at HA with NO 121 experience at all. His previous aviation experience was just at a 135. He is extremely intelligent however so that's that.

What kind of dispatcher does Hawaii normally hire? Do they hire from regionals or isHawaii a placethat normally hires from Alaska/Frontier/Spirit/etc?

I also know a few guys that used to work at charter outfits with zero 121 experience and are doing well there.

I know that the spreadsheet says they start at $35.71 and it was updated in 2022, but I am hearing through the grapevine they may be paying more now… Does anyone have a definitive starting pay? Or does it go up from $35 after training? Hawaii would be amazing but as usual COL always something to strongly consider. Thanks.
starting pay is $35.71 but with the increased license premium and international override it's about $38

Back