Have you landed on a curved runway???

Yes. Twin Lakes which is a private grass airport just south of our glider airport has a wicked dogleg half way down the runway. Makes towing out fun. Get off and ground and avoid trees.

Ok how did they get hold of my playlist?
As for crooked runway it would be Hite, UT for me, just a slight dog leg to the right

How ya do it. The runway looks like its in much better condition since I was there last

How ya do it. The runway looks like its in much better condition since I was there last

Not bad, but at there wasn't a jungle on either side of the runway! :D I once landed at a private strip in Oregon with tall pine trees on both sides. I'm sure they were offset plenty from the centerline, but having that in your peripheral vision right above the runway is disconcerting the first couple of times.

I present, Soldier Bar in Idaho. http://www.mountainflying.com/Pages/airstrips/Id_soldier_bar.html.
One-way, only visible when on 1/4 mile final, no go-around, dog-leg, bump, 1600'x15'.
004%20Soldier%20Bar.jpg

Sure it looks a little austere, but I bet the BBQ's not as good as when I used to land on AK HWY 2 just SE of Delta Junction. Adams Ribs... Mmmm. He didn't have to deal with frost heaves either.

Brett

Back