Have PPL but short of 85hrs

papa77

First Post - How does ATP handle this? Do I need to reach the mins for the acpp program on my own or do they have a system of handling this. Do they have a reasonable charge for a time build? I have approx. 55hrs with 9xc, 6night, 4.5inst. Anyone been in this spot before? Thanks for any input. Love this forum by the way.

You need the 85 hours tt, and 25 hours cross country pic in order to meet the minimum requirements for a few of the ratings. ATP does have the ability to help you out by building time in their Cessnas, but it would be considerably cheaper for you to do it on your own somewhere else.

I am not sure how it would be incredibly cheaper anymore. You get a Cessna for $95/hr I believe. You also get an instructor with it who will challenge you with an intro to Instrument flying. Most of ATP's Cessna fleet is R model or newer nowadays as well.

You can call the ATP 800 number to get more info if you like.

Yeah, the time building with ATP to meet the 85 hours is the cheapest I've ever seen. $95/hr includes the instructor and fuel.

Nobody says he has to use a Cessna to time build. Grumman trainers can be had for around 65 an hour if you can find schools with them.

I have a FBO 30 min away with a late 70's 152 for $79hr wet. I would need another 30-32 hrs to meet the mins. If $95 with an instructer is correct then, 32 x $16 = $512. Will doing the time with the ATP instructer be a benifit? Has anyone done this? Thanks for the help

I have a FBO 30 min away with a late 70's 152 for $79hr wet. I would need another 30-32 hrs to meet the mins. If $95 with an instructer is correct then, 32 x $16 = $512. Will doing the time with the ATP instructer be a benifit? Has anyone done this? Thanks for the help

I did about 15 hours time building when I started this past June. Nice little intro to IFR and at $95 an hour with an instructor thats pretty good.

What happens here in Daytona is your multi/instrument instructor does you timebuilding to get aquainted with you, their expectations, and give you a little jump in the program. I am not sure if they do this anywhere else though.

I checked with them today. $100hr wet w/inst. From what I am hearing, it would be worth the extra $700 to do build time with ATP to reach the mins of 85. I am still open to insight. If someone has a better thought, let me know before I give my new boss sallie may a call for more money.

I would say it's worth the extra $700. When I went through ATP I had just finished my private and had about 48 hours. I burned the remainder of the time off with them (it was WAY less then $100 an hour back then) and felt like I got a pretty good headstart on how ATP operates as well as my instrument work.

I had about 27 time-building hours at ATP Arlington and they were very well-spent. Excellent IFR intro, with about 10 hours of actual and I got quite a few precision and non-precision approaches practiced. Prepped me nicely for the 90-day program.

First Post - How does ATP handle this? Do I need to reach the mins for the acpp program on my own or do they have a system of handling this. Do they have a reasonable charge for a time build? I have approx. 55hrs with 9xc, 6night, 4.5inst. Anyone been in this spot before? Thanks for any input. Love this forum by the way.

Never let a pen stand between you and your future. (Just kidding)

I did the time building at ATP before I started the ACPP. Considering that it included an instructor for into to IFR Dual instruction it is im my opinion a very good deal. You'll get alot of hood time and be introduced to flying instrument approaches.

Back