Hats on for September 11th

pilotlight

I know a good deal of you already wear your hats and I salute you for it. I say that the rest of us wear them if we are working on September 11th as a sign of solidarity for our fellow flight crews lost on that terrible day. I know ours at Pinnacle look goofy but one day wont hurt. Who knows you might look at yourself in the mirror and realize you look a bit more professional.

Hats reallly complete the uniform, IMHO...I think wearing them to honor 9/11 pilots is a great idea!

Hmm...the vast majority of pilots I see in and out of SFO don't wear them, I'm looking forward to seeing how many will be wearing them out of respect on 9/11.

Many companies don't require or even have them as part of the official uniform any more. We haven't had them here since the merger.

I've always thought it was kind of stupid for pilots to wear hats. It comes from the military uniform tradition, which is all well and good, except the Military doesn't wear a hat indoors (unless under arms) And yet, where to pilots wear hats the vast majority of the time? Indoors.

Many companies don't require or even have them as part of the official uniform any more. We haven't had them here since the merger.

I've always thought it was kind of stupid for pilots to wear hats. It comes from the military uniform tradition, which is all well and good, except the Military doesn't wear a hat indoors (unless under arms) And yet, where to pilots wear hats the vast majority of the time? Indoors.

Having served my country for 5 years I agree completely with not being covered indoors. But I do like that we are trying to do something to remember those lost. Maybe we can wear black ribbons on our alpa pins or something. I have one on already for 3407, it could be for anyone that have lost there lives. Just a thought. :)

Women can wear their covers indoors in the Navy, and it is kind of like a naval uniform airlines have so maybe that means we're all girls.

I refuse to wear my hat because management requires me to wear it.

However if I was working Sept 11th I would have no problem putting it on.

Honoring Sep. 11th victims: good idea
Wear the hat to do so: Not

As a side note: 99% of our guys do NOT wear the hat (not required). Last week in Houston, saw one of our guys wearing the blazer AND the hat (and the temp was about 96 degrees)...He just looked foolish, not professional.

Back