Has anyone tried this program?

Sounds interesting, except for these parts:
[ QUOTE ]
Please keep in mind that although CAE SimuFlite does not pay an hourly fee for performing these duties, we do pay for all of the training required for you to become a qualified second-in-command crewmember, and give you a SIC Part 135.293 checkride.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Due to the time and expense that CAE SimuFlite invests in your training, we do ask for a commitment from you to stay in this position for a minimum of 12 months, unless you should receive a full time employment opportunity as a pilot on the aircraft we have trained you in sooner.

[/ QUOTE ] If I'm reading this properly, they expect you to be on call for 12 months without pay? If it's only sporadically, that'd be ok...provided you live near their training center.

It doesn't cross my PFT line as it's not displacing someone who would be a paid crewmember....they normally use another trainee. If you lived near where their sims are located and have the personal flexibility to serve them...then I'd say go for it. Sounds like great way to network. I mean...you do sim support for some chief pilot's checkride. Maybe you save his butt in the sim and he gets to see how good you are. I can't think of a better position to put yourself in, networking wise.

Well, damn. It's at DFW (or near by) other wise I'd fill out an app and be on that like white on rice!
grin.gif
Free training and a 135 checkride for SIC on the sim? And then get to sit right seat occasionally? Hell.

I might still fill it out and then just use our airplane to fly there if I ever get called.

If anyone is in the DFW area I'd jump on and all over that program!

(edit)DOH! They have other areas outside DFW... sending in App right now!

Suweeeet!!! They have a location in Tampa... although I think it's pretty much where they build the things. If it's the one I'm thinking of, my mother-in-law works next door to it.

At any rate - AS SOON as I finish my SEL/MEL-comm. stuff (December?) I'm sending in an app.

Yup. Already sent mine in. You need to get that Comm stuff done R2F!

Slacker!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You need to get that Comm stuff done R2F!

Slacker!

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I know.... I'm workin' on it, bro.

Scheduled to fly Monday through Thursday this week with a possibiility of flying on Sunday.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Scheduled to fly Monday through Thursday this week with a possibiility of flying on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you're "too good" to fly on Friday and Saturday as well? Man, talk about a lack of dedication!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

I'll post any feed back... but upon futher inspection (i.e. I actually read the site) it looks like the only place they do this right seat thing is at DFW. So with my happy @$$ sitting squarely in the middle of the desert it's a bit of a long shot if I get any response. Can't hurt though, right?

[ QUOTE ]
What, you're "too good" to fly on Friday and Saturday as well? Man, talk about a lack of dedication!

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right of course. I AM a slacker!
grin.gif
wink.gif

Back