Has anyone tried this FS 2002 add-on?

If you find one, tell me!
wink.gif

The carriers default in FS2k2 are really really bad.

I've got FD3 and some of it is cool. For me the best part of it is landings, just like in real life, but the AC are hard to control. The trim is really wonkie. You have to really dial in the trim to that very narrow sweet spot and your ok but a lot of work, not like real life.

Abacus sent it to me for free as a trade for Sky Ranch because it had some problems with control of some of the AC.

It's kinda sort worth the money, and kinda not. Ok for free. How's that foe vague
smirk.gif

I've been playing around with the FS Hotseat demo. It works as the full version only your limited to flying their Barron 58 and have to stay within 100miles of Meigs.

I think it is really cool because it introduces you to proper 2 pilot cockpit operations. You have the option of loading passengers or cargo and you can hear the passengers boarding / cargo being loaded. The virtual co-pilot even greets the passengers as they board before coming into the cockpit to introduce himself and get started on the first checklist. The co pilot calls out checklists and you can either do the checklist items yourself or have him do it. Helpful to have him do say the pre takeoff checklist while your taxing around trying to find the rwy. The co-pilot even makes PA announcements to the passengers, and if your flying a airline transport type aircraft an air hostess does some of the PA announcements.

Co pilot even does stuff like call operations for departure, engine start and pushback requests. One of the most interesting features though is it introduces a grading system to FS. At the end of the flight you get graded on Pax satisfaction (on time? how bumpy the flight was, long ground delays etc) grading on landings, general flying skills, (big slap on the wrist if you skip a checklist for example) and CRM. After each flight you get your stats and it puts it into a log book which gives an overall average of each stat and also logs hours like, flight time, Hobbs time and seat time.

I highly recommend you check it out, it discipline you from just going ah stuff the mag check I'll just take off etc.

Not sure about the compatibility with FS2004 though so I'm going to wait to see how it works with FS2004 before considering buying it.

Oh you can download it and get more info from
FSHotSeat Website

Thanks for the info Snow, sounds fun. Your talking about a add-on called Hot Seat, is that right? Well, actually I'll just check out the link you put there and see for myself. \\Thanks again.

sounds like a great add on, but 40mb. Thats about a 5 day download on my computer. I bought airport 2002 for fs2002, When I go to one of the new detailed airports it says when trying to load the game that my computer doesnt have enough memory, but my computer has about 16,000mb left on it, anybody know whats wrong?

Just wait for LOMAC to come out in june/july, its worth the wait. FS2002 and carriers, just dont seem to go hand in hand

[ QUOTE ]
when trying to load the game that my computer doesnt have enough memory, but my computer has about 16,000mb left on it, anybody know whats wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
grin.gif
Ok I'm a little confused, did you mean 16meg of ram? if so I'm suprised you can even run FS2002, I don't think you have 16,000meg of ram cause last time I checked the most ram new motherboards support is about 1gb (1000mb) and really anything over 512 is a bit overkill unless your running CAD programs or somthing! Games are more dependant on graphics cards than processor speed nower days, I say go get yourself a Geforce 4 and at least 256mg of ram and you should be able to run most things without hassle.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL Ok I'm a little confused, did you mean 16meg of ram? if so I'm suprised you can even run FS2002, I don't think you have 16,000meg of ram cause last time I checked the most ram new motherboards support is about 1gb (1000mb) and really anything over 512 is a bit overkill unless your running CAD programs or somthing! Games are more dependant on graphics cards than processor speed nower days, I say go get yourself a Geforce 4 and at least 256mg of ram and you should be able to run most things without hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, it was a little late when i wrote that, I wasent thinking. I mean I have 1.6megs of memory left and I have 256meg of ram

Back