Has anyone interviewed with NetJets?

Whats the process like? Any thoughts on the company? Im thinking of applying.

I applied there right out of my dispatch class.

Very nice people there and they have a really cool facility in Columbus. One of my fellow classmates ended up taking the job and enjoying it.

Pay is better than a regional for sure (and no healthcare premium is great) but if your goal is to end up at a major I am not sure the experience you get there will exactly be what they are looking for.

Overall I would say it seemed like a nice place to work. Interview itself was straightforward. I sent my resume to a recruiter (they actually came to Flamingo) and scheduled an interview. They take you through the building, have you shadow, show you the hanger (which is really cool) and you have a panel interview where they ask you some pretty basic HR questions.

I applied there right out of my dispatch class.

Very nice people there and they have a really cool facility in Columbus. One of my fellow classmates ended up taking the job and enjoying it.

Pay is better than a regional for sure (and no healthcare premium is great) but if your goal is to end up at a major I am not sure the experience you get there will exactly be what they are looking for.

Overall I would say it seemed like a nice place to work. Interview itself was straightforward. I sent my resume to a recruiter (they actually came to Flamingo) and scheduled an interview. They take you through the building, have you shadow, show you the hanger (which is really cool) and you have a panel interview where they ask you some pretty basic HR questions.
Are they any dispatch specific technical questions?

Has anyone worked at NetJets or someplace similar care to explain what the day to day operation looks as a like as a dispatcher? Seems like some unique experience looking from the outside in.

I know several people that have made the transistion to the airlines (to include the majors) after having worked at NetJets, Flight Options or other 135 operators.

Has anyone worked at NetJets or someplace similar care to explain what the day to day operation looks as a like as a dispatcher? Seems like some unique experience looking from the outside in.
Think of a major 121 operation in terms of flights per day, but with less than 60 people. Not to mention they are flying to airports with their own set of unique challenges, so it's not like a 121 carrier where they fly to the same places every day at the same time. With that being said, a NetJets dispatcher will do roughly 50-70 releases a day. Not what I'd particularly think when I think of safety.

Are 91K operators like NJ required to have dispatchers? What is the difference in the role from 121.533 where the Dispatcher is responsible for monitoring, providing info, and redispatch? NJ's job description reads like it was ripped from a 121.

Are 91K operators like NJ required to have dispatchers? What is the difference in the role from 121.533 where the Dispatcher is responsible for monitoring, providing info, and redispatch? NJ's job description reads like it was ripped from a 121.
Well, "Flight Followers". But if you go work there, just make sure the catering shows up! You know the difference between a NetJets pilot and Jeff Dahmer, right?

Jeff Dahmer only ate every other leg.

Because NetJets does 135 flights, flight followers are required. Legally speaking, dispatch certificates are not required. NetJets does require that you have a dispatch certificate or a letter of competency if you are under 23.

Two things to add to this thread:
The starting pay is insane:
$57,812 base pay for a straight 40 hours per week…so roughly $27 an hour.

And then this is where it gets interesting:
Quarterly Release Comp
Roughly $15,800 last year…anticipated to be higher this year…which brings your comp to $35-ish an hour. For a total of $73,612…without overtime…that sounds pretty reasonable to me for first year pay.

(For those negotiating new contracts in the near future…this $2-$3 per release sounds like a great way to increase comp due to volume…)

No “Junior Man” or “mandatory overtime”…but…if you do 21 overtime shifts in a year it comes to an extra $8400 per year…

As mentioned before: no health insurance premiums for you or your family unless you want a PPO plan instead of the basic company plan.

The company OpSpecs MAY require dispatchers for Joint Operational Control…I don’t work there, so that’s unclear to me and even if I did, that sounds like SSI.

Doesn’t sound like a bad gig.

Think of a major 121 operation in terms of flights per day, but with less than 60 people. Not to mention they are flying to airports with their own set of unique challenges, so it's not like a 121 carrier where they fly to the same places every day at the same time. With that being said, a NetJets dispatcher will do roughly 50-70 releases a day. Not what I'd particularly think when I think of safety.
1000 flights a day.
Less than 60 dispatchers.
Actually…it sounds like a regional…without the pay hazing and flight benefits. (Ironically, if you don’t make decent money, those flight benefits aren’t actually usable anyway.)

1000 flights a day.
Less than 60 dispatchers.
Actually…it sounds like a regional…without the pay hazing and flight benefits. (Ironically, if you don’t make decent money, those flight benefits aren’t actually usable anyway.)
It's pays more than a regional, but the work is a lot harder. 3 different regulations, and a lot of airports to review. Don't forgot that you will be dealing with the constant changing of plans on very short notice. Less than 18-20 dispatchers are working each day. Pair that with 1000 daily flights and many things that change on short notice, you're doing 50-70 (sometimes 80) releases a day. You also get no designated break of any kind. Pair that with the absolute worst training I've ever seen. Two weeks in a classroom, and very little OJT before they throw you into the fire.
Two things to add to this thread:
The starting pay is insane:
$57,812 base pay for a straight 40 hours per week…so roughly $27 an hour.

And then this is where it gets interesting:
Quarterly Release Comp
Roughly $15,800 last year…anticipated to be higher this year…which brings your comp to $35-ish an hour. For a total of $73,612…without overtime…that sounds pretty reasonable to me for first year pay.

(For those negotiating new contracts in the near future…this $2-$3 per release sounds like a great way to increase comp due to volume…)
All of the above is true since the fight volume pay was signed into the contract this year.

No “Junior Man” or “mandatory overtime”…but…if you do 21 overtime shifts in a year it comes to an extra $8400 per year…
This is incorrect. They can assign you to come in on your days off. This is not a a daily or even a weekly occurrence, but it does happen every once in a while.

As mentioned before: no health insurance premiums for you or your family unless you want a PPO plan instead of the basic company plan.
This is all correct, and is probably the best benefit they have.

The company OpSpecs MAY require dispatchers for Joint Operational Control…I don’t work there, so that’s unclear to me and even if I did, that sounds like SSI.
This is true and is not considered SSI. While dispatch certificates are not legally required, their Op Specs do require a dual flight release system.

All of the above is true since the fight volume pay was signed into the contract this year.
Sorry I meant last year (in April 2023). However, this bonus is not per release. It's $2 per flight completion. That money goes into a pool and if you work more, you get more of that bonus money. My question is why not include a $15k-$17k salary bump anyways?

My friend applied as FO, I even talked once to the pilot on the ramp. I believe decent company with decent pay. No Complaints

Sorry I meant last year (in April 2023). However, this bonus is not per release. It's $2 per flight completion. That money goes into a pool and if you work more, you get more of that bonus money. My question is why not include a $15k-$17k salary bump anyways?
Additional potential comp is a common way to keep investors from bucking against a whopping increase in pay.

An approximately 30% bump in “base comp” with a “potential” of an additonal 30% is a lot more palatable than a total salary increase of 65%…it’s “reliant on the business” being done and either increasing or decreasing.

If that makes sense.

Additional potential comp is a common way to keep investors from bucking against a whopping increase in pay.

An approximately 30% bump in “base comp” with a “potential” of an additonal 30% is a lot more palatable than a total salary increase of 65%…it’s “reliant on the business” being done and either increasing or decreasing.

If that makes sense.
It does, but NetJets is not a public company... But it is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. However, the big 4 are all publicy traded and they pay their dispatchers what they are worth (comparatively).

It does, but NetJets is not a public company... But it is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. However, the big 4 are all publicy traded and they pay their dispatchers what they are worth (comparatively).
Do they?
I wouldn’t know.
I’m not ever going to get hired at any of them.

Back