Has anybody attended a PEPC and...

BadPassportPhoto

not fully remembered your past employment history? Years back I had worked for a few places who are now no longer around. So I'm rackin' my brain trying to remember the names with virtually no contact numbers for them and whatnot. So anybody come into this predicament, fill out maybe company names and that's it, and still get through security process and background check and whatever ok?

Go to your local Social Security Office and have them print out a work history. It'll give you the name of the company, the main corporate HQ address and the year you worked there. You can then get on Yahoo or Google and try and find a phone number for them.

I did that like 2 weeks ago, I was told it would take 4 months.

I called the IRS and they actually gave me all the company names for the 7 years back that I need. But they didn't have the exact dates I worked each. Just that I worked for so and so back in 2003. Half the names aren't even familiar at all so I guess where I worked were probably just owned by these companies. So I look up these other names but with no luck.

I did that like 2 weeks ago, I was told it would take 4 months.

4 MONTHS?! I have 14 years of history working, and I just walked in, wrote them a check for $40, the lady printed it out, and I drove my happy a** home. I know that several people have done this, and no one else had a problem getting theirs printed out right in front of them....

Yah I thought that sounded pretty stupid too. Well now I'm finishing up my paperwork and I'm on a plane tomorrow for my PEPC Monday morning so not really anything I can do other than trying to piece these companies together minus their phone numbers. I'm not too worried about it but I was just curious if anybody else on here has been in the same boat.

Well as a word of advice, make sure you have EVERY SINGLE MONTH covered for the past 7 years filled in on the form, otherwise they won't even let you get as far as the interview if its not filled out. They take that security form from you right as you walk in, and then they go over it separately. If it's not complete, then you've wasted your time. They MAY let you try and "adjust" it when you type it in... but trust me... you don't want to beat my record of being there for 7.5 hours! :banghead:

Right on, I've got all the months. It's just awesome when you have 4 past jobs with no former contact numbers or former bosses that you can have for referrences.

I had to list 9 residences in the past 7 years... that was frustrating. I've moved around alot from taking new jobs and just being young and restless.

All I could do for a verifier was to put my friend's name on there, since I don't know anyone that lives near some of these past locations.

Back