Happy Thanksgiving!

mpenguin1

Let me be the first one to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving! I will be Continental in the morning from California to Norfolk Virginia (stop over in Minny) to spend some time with my older sister & her kid.

Enjoy the Turkey & for the pilots that are not home for the holiday, enjoy the Turkey sandwich!

Enjoy everybody, or at least try to!

Mike

(Penguin, you'll be flying Northwest on that Continental ticket if it's through MSP...the joy of codeshares
smile.gif
)

I decided not to go home to MSP for Turkey day, but now I'm kinda disappointed I'm not flying anywhere, so I'll make up for it tomorrow by standing in an imaginary horrendous line in my kitchen and then relegate myself to a tiny uncomfortable chair in my living room while watching cheesy movies I'd never watch unless forced to and eating luke warm unappetizing food and plying myself with little bottles of screw top wine and minis of gin...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
grin.gif

I have the day off and plan to non-rev to GSP for fried turkey, then back tomorrow afternoon in order to work Friday.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and, as a public service, I'd like to remind all those on this board who are anti-religion that this a holiday with Christian foundations in which the Pilgrims thanked God (not the Indians as some people are apparently taught nowadays) for their harvest. These people might want to work on Thursday to avoid the appearance of hypocrisy (just kidding... mostly
wink.gif
).

Seriously, wherever you are, I hope that you all have a safe and happy holiday.

====

On the history of Thanksgiving, from thefederalist.com .

Consider the circumstances of our country's first Thanksgiving Day celebrated after our Declaration of Independence. The first national Thanksgiving Proclamation, issued by the revolutionary Continental Congress on November 1, 1777, expressed gratitude for the colonials' October victory over British General Burgoyne at Saratoga. Authored by Samuel Adams, its one sentence of 360 words reads in part: "Forasmuch as it is the indispensable duty of all men to adore the superintending providence of Almighty God; to acknowledge with gratitude their obligation to him for benefits received...together with penitent confession of their sins, whereby they had forfeited every favor; and their humble and earnest supplications that it may please God through the merits of Jesus Christ, mercifully to forgive and blot them out of remembrance...it is therefore recommended...to set apart Thursday the eighteenth day of December next, for solemn thanksgiving and praise, that with one heart and one voice the good people may express the grateful feeling of their hearts and consecrate themselves to the service of their Divine Benefactor...acknowledging with gratitude their obligations to Him for benefits received....To prosper the means of religion, for the promotion and enlargement of that kingdom which consisteth 'in righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost'."

On Wednesday, December 17th, General George Washington issued general orders including the following: "Tomorrow being the day set apart by the Honorable Congress for public Thanksgiving and Praise; and duty calling us devoutly to express our grateful acknowledgements to God for the manifold blessings he has granted us, the General directs that the army remain in its present quarters, and that the Chaplains perform divine service with their several Corps and Brigades. And earnestly exhorts, all officers and soldiers, whose absence is not indispensably necessary, to attend with reverence the solemnities of the day."

Well it is currently Thursday afternoon where I am - and I just got back from a job interview! Oh boy do I miss Thanksgiving!

To all my friends back home have a great day - and take an extra slice for me!

My Thanksgiving's off to an awesome start; I'm typing this from my parent's new digs in Kona, Hawaii. A friend of mine who's a CRJ FO at ACA scored me some UAL buddy passes, and for the flight from LAX yesterday afternoon, I lucked out and got the last seat in first class! This was my first time flying first class, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Awesome seats, awesome food & beverages, awesome! Besides the great ocean views, the 'rents place overlooks Kona-Keahole airport (KOA), of which the ramp is full of Gulfstreams, a couple Global Expresses, a Boeing Biz Jet, a charter 727 and 757. The interesting thing about KOA is the terminal--no jetways, and the terminal itself is more or less outdoor/open air.

I did have a bit of a scare the night before while packing; I was planning on doing some flying here this weekend but my pilot certs weren't in my bag where they were supposed to be and after tearing my place apart for 2 hrs couldn't find them anywhere! I was greatly bummed by this development, but the next morning thought to check the pockets of the jacket I wore the last time I flew, and there they were! So the island flying is back on and I'm pretty stoked.

Have a great turkey day everybody, wherever you are!

My thanksgiving is off to a rocky start- as usual around thanksgiving I am sick
frown.gif

Throat is killing me, razor blades I tell you... But atleast I'm with my family and eating turkey
cool.gif

Gluttony...
Now my tummy's all in front of me/
I am twice the man I used to be/
Oh, I believe in gluttony.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone!

-John

"Nach dem Essen muss man ruhn, oder tausend Schritte tun."

Hope everyone had a great turkey day and watched some cool football. Nice to see the dogs win, unless you were betting on the favorites.

aloft...Im sooo jealous...Have fun over there...

I had some very good turkey today..oh it was soo good...I love turkey...Now Im going to go back to my turkey coma...

Back