Happy 15th Anniversary

yankee_one

On the Delta Website.

http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9462

Delta Connection Academy Marks 15 Years of Training Airline Pilots
Continuous record of growth, success includes expansion to five locations

SANFORD, Fla., Oct. 7, 2004 – Delta Connection Academy today marks its 15th anniversary of providing highly qualified and sought-after pilots to airlines around the world. Established by Comair Inc., on Oct. 6, 1989, Comair Aviation Academy began with a single location at the Orlando-Sanford International Airport in Sanford, Fla. In January 2000, Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) purchased Comair Holdings, Inc., which included Comair Aviation Academy, making the academy a subsidiary of Delta. In early 2003, Comair Aviation Academy officially changed its name to Delta Connection Academy.

Today, Delta Connection Academy has more than 800 students system wide, a fleet of more than 110 aircraft, and in addition to its main campus in Sanford, the school provides flight training at four colleges and universities in Florida, Massachusetts and Ohio.

“We have a very motivated team at Delta Connection Academy,” said President Susan Burrell. “Combined with the ability to capitalize on new opportunities, our team’s experience and commitment to standardization and quality flight training have made this a world-class institution. The introduction of new training programs – like the successful Jet Connect Program - and new international opportunities allow us to continue raising the bar in the development of new airline pilots.”

Delta Connection Academy has continued to evolve during the past 15 years, implementing advancements in curriculum and training equipment to keep pace with the airline industry. The Jet Connect Program allows students at Pilot Career Foundation-affiliated flight schools nationwide to receive additional airline-oriented training from the academy. Other recent advancements at the academy include new enhanced simulators from Frasca and new multi-engine aircraft from Piper. The most notable addition is a Jet Training Device from Frasca, which reflects today’s regional airline industry as more carriers transition to all-jet fleets. The new training device – developed jointly by the academy and Frasca - is a key component of the academy’s already proven curriculum, offering students enhanced situational realism as they prepare for today’s airline industry.

Delta Connection Academy has produced more FAA-certified pilots in the past five years than any other flight school in the world. With a fleet of more than 110 aircraft, the academy has trained students from 86 different countries and has placed pilots with 26 airlines. For more information about Delta Connection Academy, please visit their web site at DeltaConnectionAcademy.com, or call 1-800-U-CAN-FLY.

Just curious, yankee_one. Have you heard any 'rumors' about DCA employees being 'asked' to take pay hits to help DCA's profit, therefore Delta's bottom line?

I know, the thought is absurd, but it occurred to me anyway.

Don't know about pay cuts but I did hear that the manager of Flying Services and the Guy in charge of academics were let go. Not other info on why or anything like that....

Tom Schultz? Wow, I thought he was still there. It wasn't health issues was it? I hope not.

What about the guy in charge of marketing? Guess he brings in too much revenue to let go..........

[ QUOTE ]
What about the guy in charge of marketing? Guess he brings in too much revenue to let go..........

[/ QUOTE ]

try actually reading the posts on this forum before you go spouting off. If you still don't understand, try reading the posts once again, but pay attention this time.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try actually reading the posts on this forum before you go spouting off. If you still don't understand, try reading the posts once again, but pay attention this time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. Must have touched a raw nerve there, eh?
grin.gif

I thought it was a pretty funny comment, but I guess I have a little different perspective from this distance....

cool.gif

"Spouting off"....

On the DCA advertising thread, I'd guess about half of the DCA student posters disagree with, and say they don't like, the DCA marketing.

What is it I'm not getting?

This is what I get...that DCA marketing is intentionally misleading in an effort to get students in the door and that this practice is highly effective and successful.

[ QUOTE ]
Senior Flying Instructor - Sanford, FL (Full-time)
Delta Connection Academy, a subsidiary of Delta, is seeking a full-time Senior Flying Instructor to assist in our JAR Approved Modular Program for PPL, MEP, IR, CPL & FI. The preferred candidate should have 10 to 15 years aviation experience, to include a minimum of 1000 hours PIC, 1000 hours instructional duties, and the appropriate JAR licenses to instruct in the courses offered. Must be willing to relocate to Orlando, Florida USA. Free flight privileges on the Delta Network and great benefits. Qualified applicants can email their CV to Email or fax to 011-407-688-2777, ATTN:Director of Human Resources.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this job opening at DCA for quite awhile. (BTW, the website content never seems to change much) Is this for someone who isn't interested in building time, and wants to be an instructor as their end goal?

Just curious...

I'm fairly sure this is for someone not interested in going to the Airlines, but as you said wants to be an Instructor as their "end goal." The tough part will probably be having the JAR rating if you don't already hold it. Its a tough one to get from what I've seen.

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Schultz? Wow, I thought he was still there. It wasn't health issues was it? I hope not.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a couple of months from retirement. Interesting time to fire him, don't you think?

As to the marketing comment, seems right on to me.

Back