Had the Pleasure of Flying into VRB Last Night

ready2fly

Hey FSI-ers. I had the pleasure (and I mean that) of flying into VRB last night on my IFR x/c.

Great experience! It wasn't TOO busy, but the Tower "had it goin' on" and was on the ball!!

Did the VOR for 11R, taxied back and took off, so didn't see much. BUT, I did taxi by the parking area for ya'lls planes and it struck me - DAMN ya'll have a ton of aircraft!!!!

Anyway - enjoyed the 10 minutes I was there!

BTW - who is the girl in the Tower with the THICK accent? (Asian?) A *little* difficult to understand at first, but DANG was she on it last night!!

Peace out!

R2F

Yeah, it's not a bad airport. The controllers are pretty good at dealing with, "Uh, Cadet 12345G, Uh, Er, At FlightSaftety, ready to taxi VFR, Uh to the west. Oh yeah, with information bravo... Uh. Phew."

[ QUOTE ]
Did the VOR for 11R, taxied back and took off, so didn't see much. BUT, I did taxi by the parking area for ya'lls planes and it struck me - DAMN ya'll have a ton of aircraft!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's for sure. You for sure never have to cancel a flight for the lack of a plane!

Are you getting pretty close to finishing up your IFR rating? I'm pretty much in the same boat. Actually, we did a cross country into Tampa Intl a couple weeks ago. That was pretty cool. The approach controller kept saying "good job" as he handed the aircraft off to tower. After we got out "good job" we landed and had lunch at the mall that's right over there. Some place called "Eclectic" I belive. Pretty good food. It was a perfect day to sit on the patio of the restaurant and take in the scenery, i.e. watch girls.

Later
Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Are you getting pretty close to finishing up your IFR rating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I just have to knock out about 10 more x/c hours, but otherwise I'm done witht he rating.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, we did a cross country into Tampa Intl a couple weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I STILL haven't done that? It's on my "places to land" list, but I just haven't had the opportunity.

[ QUOTE ]
we landed and had lunch at the mall that's right over there. Some place called "Eclectic" I belive. Pretty good food. It was a perfect day to sit on the patio of the restaurant and take in the scenery, i.e. watch girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - that's the new International Mall.... also known as the place where NOBODY I know can afford to buy anything. It's got stores like Lord and Taylors, Neeman Marcus, Gucci, that kind of happy crappy.

Was the restaurant you ate at called "Profusion"? If so, that's partly owned by Keyshawn Johnson. I hear the food is good.

And, yes, it is a great place to watch... um ... people.
laugh.gif

I thought that controller was Asian for the longest time also. It turns out she's just got a thick southern accent and it comes across that way over the radio.

Kind of weird to visit the tower and actually see the people you have been talking to day after day. None of them really fit the images I had in my head....

Haha it's like when you finally see a DJ on the radio (well... in real life) you're always like WOW I had no idea you were so ____ (insert adjective)!

[ QUOTE ]
Was the restaurant you ate at called "Profusion"? If so, that's partly owned by Keyshawn Johnson. I hear the food is good.

[/ QUOTE ] ..No, but I know what you're talking about. This place was right across from the Starbucks. Not too bad prices for good food. I think I ended up spending 10-12 bucks for lunch which is high for me, but I don't do it often. It's ridiculous when you compare it to the rental $$$ that it took to get there, but I try not to do that. That sort of thinking can get you into trouble pretty quick.

Mmmm...I think the woman you've thought of is Darla. She's got a real distinctive voice, sometimes she's hard to understand but she's good....I had the chance to meet her a while back, she stopped in at Flight Safety to chat one afternoon.

I always pictured Darla as a Dolly Parton type, but she's a tiny little thing.

Chunk

Well, whomever she was, she was SHARP! A *bit* hard to understand with whatever speech impediment/accent she had, but fast, efficient and friendly!! Better than a LOT of the controllers over here, that's for sure!!

OH - and found out today that my boss and I might be flying in to VRB next week some time to interview a client at the airport... I, being the Paralegal, will be the odd man out if they decide to cut some ballast, but I'm HOPING that my boss (also a pilot - a current instructor for that matter) will let me fly at least one leg if I get to go! I NEED the x/c time to finish my IR!!

K- I'll have to look for the place across from Starbucks the next time we go over to the International Mall to .... not to shop, that's for sure..
laugh.gif

I LOVE going over there because Raytheon is right across a frontage road and I can drool over the aircraft... and watch the heavies land at TPA!! It's an aviation enthusiasts paradise.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I LOVE going over there because Raytheon is right across a frontage road and I can drool over the aircraft... and watch the heavies land at TPA!! It's an aviation enthusiasts paradise.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's where we parked and got fuel. Nice FBO...

Back