Had my first flying lesson-need advice.

You're feelings are completely normal. You'll slowly begin to replace that nervousness with knowledge and you'll love flying even more.

I don't think I was very nervous on my first couple of flights, but the first stall lesson (which was my first "real" lesson)...man, I was sweating through the first few, then I loved it. The first spin...same thing. My first (and only) checkride I was %#$^ing bricks. But it's always a great feeling to do something your a little nervous about and succeed...and then go back and do it again with greater confidence.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont know about trying to send words of encouragement to Adam while "Captain Hook" has a film of an airshow crash on repeat!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...it's alright. It doesn't bother me too much, I remember about a week after the Concorde crashed near CDG, my Dad and I had to fly out to California, and alot of people seemed nervous, but I was alright.

I get that anxious when on final just about everytime. Sometimes I even like the feeling its exciting
smile.gif

I have about 175 hours now, 90 in the last six months, and i had butterflies in my stomach last night headed to the airport. I dont get so nervous about the flying, as i do about facing the awesome responsibility that has been bestwoed upon me. I am nowhere close to being an airline pilot, but flying is a huge responsiblity. I actually love the excitement and racing pulse on short final...and when you hear the chirp-chirp of the mains it is so sweet.

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to give you all an update on my flying. I took my second one today (or actually yesterday, since its after midnight). And I did much better, I was a little bit nervous, but no where near as much as last time. I felt much more confident with handling the controls, and I didn't swerve everywhere when I was taxiing.
My biggest trouble today was keeping an eye on altitude, speed, and heading all at once. For example ,the CFI would say "head due west and maintain 3000, well I would concentrate on heading due west, but would look at the altitude once I had completed the turn and I was at 3400", then I'd concentrate on altitude, and be slightly off on the heading. He said we'd work on those things next time.

Thanks again everyone for all your help! I'm looking forward to learning how to fly these birds, and begining to long road to fulfilling my dream
smile.gif

But i'll take it one flight at a time, not going to rush.

Adam
cool.gif

Thing I had trouble with the most at first is parking. Can't just pull straight in gota spin around and park between 2 other aircraft that just seemed way to close
smile.gif

Back