Had my first Booboo...

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
I was flying the 206 into a 1200' strip and I got the nose to high and scrapped the tail cone (actually the stinger, its on wheels but set up as a seaplane) nothing bad, purely cosmetic, but damn that's the first time in 1400TT I've ever hurt an airplane. Bent it back down so it wouldn't bind, then flew it back, went to the shop and worked the kinks out, but damn that's embarrasing, that was only the second time I've been into that strip too.

you could use it again, no big deal. When I worked as a flight instructor I saw what you could call damage...and when I say damage, it hurt me just looking.

you could use it again, no big deal. When I worked as a flight instructor I saw what you could call damage...and when I say damage, it hurt me just looking.

still, it just pissed me off that I could let it happen, let that be a lesson to me I guess, #### happens, make the best of it, and don't get cocky. What bothered me most is that it was a revenue flight.

Just a FYI:

I'd use some discretions posting somethings on the innerweb, especially now that the FEDS are in enforcement mode.

:tmyk:

Just a FYI:

I'd use some discretions posting somethings on the innerweb, especially now that the FEDS are in enforcement mode.

:tmyk:

not an accident or an incident, nothing outside the ordinary, standard wear and tear, still I don't want to abuse the airplane, its just as bad as being hard on the brakes. If I would have torn the tail off...welllllllll then you can bet that wouldn't have been on JC

not an accident or an incident, nothing outside the ordinary, standard wear and tear, still I don't want to abuse the airplane, its just as bad as being hard on the brakes. If I would have torn the tail off...welllllllll then you can bet that wouldn't have been on JC
Naw I'd listen to polar on this one.
Just friendly advice take it or leave it.

Naw I'd listen to polar on this one.
Just friendly advice take it or leave it.

Perhaps in the future you should post something like this that happened to a "friend". Like...my friend scrapped the tail of a 206 going into a short field...

You're right, just a little nervous after word, had to tell somebody, mods, if you would, do me a favor and bury the thread

Well, I "unapproved" the pertinent posts, but to be honest it won't make a difference. The thread has almost assuredly already been archived somewhere on the 'net, and taking them out here won't change that.

Back