Gunney and MikeD

SteveC

"Laconic"
Staff member
I've had this show playing in the background on the tele today called "Mail Call" on the History Channel. It has a very loud ex-Marine named "Gunney" as the host. (My dad was a staff sargeant D.I. in the Marines, so I recognize the voice.) Loud, choppy sentances. Short and too the point. HooRah!

So anyway, I'm sitting here reading one of MikeD's responses and all I can here is Gunney doing the voice-over to Mike's words. Spooky.

Mike doesn't really sound like that, does he?
wink.gif

That guy is great!

Nah, Mike's got more of an Arizona cowboy drawl a little bit!
smile.gif

Lots of "howdy's" and "partners"...

Whereas people say "Uhh, you sound like Carlton, Doug."

[ QUOTE ]
It has a very loud ex-Marine named "Gunney" as the host.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, buddy....it's former Marine....GET IT RIGHT!!!!!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has a very loud ex-Marine named "Gunney" as the host.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, buddy....it's former Marine....GET IT RIGHT!!!!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank Gawd my pappy didn't hear me say that! He ran the Marine Corps marathon at age 65, and he can still probably kick my butt at age 73 (and I ain't no wimp, neither!)
smile.gif

Once a Marine, always a Marine. HooRah.

We had a former Marine aerodynamics instructor at ERAU named Fred Cone. Fred was easily in his upper 60's and mayeb even in his 70's. He'd go out with the AFROTC detachment for PFT (physical fitness training?) on the jogs, lead the pack and usually still be charging ahead when everyone else was tired.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Semper Fi!

(I know I'm a civilian, but Marines kick butt)

Gunny was the guy who played the drill instructor in "Full Metal Jacket."

"What is your major malfunction, Private Pyle? Did your mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?"

Back