GulfJet

JDE

I don't think I've posted this here yet. I've asked around on a couple of other boards, but haven't received a response.

Has anyone ever heard of or have any info on GulfJet based in Dubai? Their website says they operate XLS', Sovereigns, and King Airs.

The charter and managed jet market has been booming here for the last few years. Gotta wonder if there will be some retrenchments as oil goes below $50 and the stock and property prices continue to tumble.

There are plenty of operators here. Execujet, Empire Aviation, Royal Jet, Elite Jets, Rizon, and more.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Bahrain are reasonable places to live. Doha and Kuwait would be lower down on the list. Saudi even lower.

Typhoonpilot

The charter and managed jet market has been booming here for the last few years. Gotta wonder if there will be some retrenchments as oil goes below $50 and the stock and property prices continue to tumble.

There are plenty of operators here. Execujet, Empire Aviation, Royal Jet, Elite Jets, Rizon, and more.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Bahrain are reasonable places to live. Doha and Kuwait would be lower down on the list. Saudi even lower.

Typhoonpilot

I have heard ok things of Empire, Elite, and ExecuJet. ExecuJet was really short staffed a while ago. Not sure how they are now but the crews seem like good guys from what I have met.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I've applied at a couple of those places, but I'm not typed on anything they fly, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Never hurts to try though.

I have heard ok things of Empire, Elite, and ExecuJet. ExecuJet was really short staffed a while ago. Not sure how they are now but the crews seem like good guys from what I have met.

Good luck.

Had lunch with an Execujet pilot today. He said they went from needing 30 people to giving out notices within the last few weeks. He's checking on Gulfjet, but he mentioned it might be Nakheel ( the property developer's ) aviation arm. If it is you'd want to stay away as they are in deep financial trouble at the minute ( the property developer, that is ).

TP

Had lunch with an Execujet pilot today. He said they went from needing 30 people to giving out notices within the last few weeks. He's checking on Gulfjet, but he mentioned it might be Nakheel ( the property developer's ) aviation arm. If it is you'd want to stay away as they are in deep financial trouble at the minute ( the property developer, that is ).

TP

Crazy to hear that Execujet is handing out notices. They used contract pilots like it was going out of style on the Lear 60 and the Challeneger 300 just a few months ago because they were so short staffed.

Just goes to show timing is everything in this biz. If you have a good job better to just hang out than try to see if the grass is any greener anywhere else.

Back