Ground...We need a tug and a bus....

Oh yeah you do. I've posted a bunch of times on funny things and great times. Maybe you didn't see those posts?

I have learned that what is funny when speaking may come across as sarcastic and/or cynical when posted on a msg board. So I'm trying to stick to facts when I post on topics that I have an opinion on.

Accidents and Incidents strike a personal note with me, as you are now no doubt aware!!!

I still try to post funny stuff here and there, but I am careful that what I post does not offend anyone. The nature of humor always brings up that possibility.

I best heard it said by Robert Heinlein - "Man is the creature who laughs. Man laughs because it hurts, and laughing relieves the pain" - Stranger in a Strange Land, paraphrased.

I was worried about the Turban Time post but I'm glad everyone took that in the spirit it was intended.

Oh great......this is like the mud-slinging, political debates you get to see after watching, and being bored, 2 hours of some politicians going head-to-head.
John shared his experiences on how accidents/incidents can affect your career and now we are talking about stuff like motivational speaking LOL.
After your view has been shared every single posting doesn't have to be answered back, especially if it's not a question. Like my momma said " Don't start none, won't be none"

P.S. - Please diregard if the purpose is to not stick to the original point. If that's the case, then it was definitely my error and I apologize.

I didn't see any mud-slinging. John, did you see any mud-slinging? And as for staying on topic, I've seen far, far worse than this lately.

no mud slinging at all, just differences of opinion. Isn't that the good part about it. you learn something from me, I learn something from you....etc...

Well not any mud, maybe just a few crumbs of dirt
wink.gif

I've had an accident, and I'm 2 for 2 on interviews since. Now it wasn't my fault, but no one I interviewed at seemed to make that big of deal about it.

How could you say it's not your landing? Any time you are giving dual you're responsible. How bad did you bend it?

Here is a question for you all. I had been acused of violating a tfr some time ago. The findings were negative, and no enforcement action was taken. What type of impact will this have on my future as a pilot?

I wonder if any FAA employees read this stuff....would be nice to have a resident FAA user to answer some of these questions...

I think this is crock and something needs to be done with it, though I guess its true; when you have 200 applicants there gunna call in the clean applicants first.

BTW: Actually JT does have a pretty good sense of humor, theres some example speech he made in one of his confrences, has something to do with "that captain" experiances from his Midway years...

[ QUOTE ]
I've had an accident, and I'm 2 for 2 on interviews since. Now it wasn't my fault, but no one I interviewed at seemed to make that big of deal about it.

How could you say it's not your landing? Any time you are giving dual you're responsible. How bad did you bend it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was responsible and it wasn't that bad. It damaged the cylinder on the nose gear strut. My biggest mistake was reporting it! I should have had the student taxi it over to the hangar and said nothing, but I gotta be Mr. Nice Guy and do everything Legal, Moral and Ethical. Idiot!

They had to re-cover the false spar web in the front of the right wing. It is not a spar, but the NTSB jumped on the word "spar" and changed the FAA's incident ruling to accident. I've had lawyers look in to it, but the NTSB is extremely difficult to work with.

One of the guys that I reccomended for a job at Delta had an accident. His aircraft (and student) were in a Cessna where the crankshaft broke and he ended up landing upside down in a freshly plowed field.

According to him, it was "Interesting. So anyway, can you make it in two weeks?"

If you are involved in an accident that wasn't your fault, does it still go on your record? Do the airlines know if it was your fault or not?

It's on your record. The can tell whose fault it was from the NTSB report. In my case none of the blame was on me.

I guess it would be different if it was something out of your control, once you got to the interview!

I have to tell you folks, that the hardest part for me in airlines is getting the interview, and I believe it is because of my tarnished accident record. Like I said before I'm 8 for 14 with interviews. Those 6 did not ask about the accident history till I got to the interview.

So yes, you can get hired by an airline if you have accident history, but it's a lot easier if you don't!

Alright then everybody. This one appears to wrapped up. Accidents/Incidents are not the best thing to have on your record, but as many have shown here, you can get hired with them.
grin.gif
Now everyone stop beating up on JT.
grin.gif

Back