Great way to build Twin-Engine Jet Time!

Or for less than 1/2 the price you can have one of these:
takeOff1_sm.jpg

but the 262 is much cooler.
cool.gif

I actually visited the ME-262 project while I was in Seattle, they run it out of a hanger on the same field as the Boeing Factory. They have a very small crew there working on these aircraft and the woman who showed us around was very nice and they are very open to people stopping by and poking their head around. THey don't do organized tours so you just kinda show up and ask to be shown around, no charge. If anyoen is in Seattle, I suggest you check them out...

Interesting, they refer to the aircraft as a "swept wing", and claim that the J-85/CJ610 motor is "modern".
smile.gif

You can buy yourself a CJ610 powered aircraft for about $250k now, and then rent out of the right seat using Eagle Jet.
smirk.gif
mad.gif

That's a cool jet, however in the Me-262 I can launch my diabolical plan to take over Casa Grande Arizona. Muhahaha!

[ QUOTE ]
Or for less than 1/2 the price you can have one of these:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll believe the million dollar jet when I see it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll believe the million dollar jet when I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, Eclipse was supposed to have its first deliveries out this year. But now it looks like not for a few years.

Eclipse is still advertising a guaranteed price of $950,000 (with adjustments for inflation), but I think that when they actually start rolling production models out they'll have crept up substantially.
Diamond is claiming something like $850,000 for their single engine jet.
Cessna's $2.4M for the Mustang is probably a much more "realistic" price, though.

I can see the single engine D-Jet going for about 1.25-1.5 million, but not the Eclipse. Alot of their assumptions were flawed when they first announced the jet, and that price requires a substantial volume of production. I did see the airframe at NBAA in Orlando, and it looks impressive. I wish them well, but I can't really see how they are going to produce a twin jet for that price.

[ QUOTE ]
That's a cool jet, however in the Me-262 I can launch my diabolical plan to take over Casa Grande Arizona. Muhahaha!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could actually acomplish that with a six pack and a chevy half-ton.
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Back