Great news for pilots with COLOR VISION issues!

Very interesting.About 35% of color blind individuals who fail the current tests would pass these new tests when they become available.

this is awesome, I don't have restrictions on m medical, but I am always worried that they might decide to become more stringent with color vision. This is definitely a step in the right direction!

SWEEET for my color deficient brethren. It's a pain in the butt.

Flight Surgeon, i think i was told after gettin my SODA that i wouldn't have to worry about restrictions on further medicals since i passed that test; i wouldn't have to demonstrate any color vision ability on further examinations. Am i remembering that correctly or did i just make something up?

Flight Surgeon, i think i was told after gettin my SODA that i wouldn't have to worry about restrictions on further medicals since i passed that test; i wouldn't have to demonstrate any color vision ability on further examinations. Am i remembering that correctly or did i just make something up?

I think that is correct if you stay in the same medical class and don't allow it to lapse

They're not SODAs anymore - they transferred my SODA into a "Letter of Demonstrated Ability" that I take the AME with me each time.

You are correct. You need to take the Letter of Evidence or SODA to the AME at each visit however.

Back