Great...more bad press for us

Bert

Has anyone heard about this yet?? From Drudge Report...

=============================================
Low flying single engine plane flies directly over President Bushes motorcade in Philadelphia, before being intercepted and grounded by police... MORE... Security breach occurred at 12:07PM ET on Interstate 95 heading south toward Philadelphia, DRUDGE has learned. Bush had just finished a visit to the Financial Management Service Facility, which mails out tax rebate checks. Flying from right to left the white plane flew over the Presidents motorcade just north of exit 26, with a police chopper hot on its tail. Breach occurred just weeks after stow away boarded Bush press plane in Africa... Developing...

The Drudge report is about as newsworthy as Hard Copy ... nevertheless I'd imagine it's a TFR issue.

These damn TFRs only nail generally rule abiding pilots. A TFR pops up an unsuspecting pilot flies throught it and all of a sudden we're all going to die at the hands of a "little white plane."

Because we all know would-be bad guys are going to a) check TFRs and b) abide by them.

shocked.gif

"Because we all know would-be bad guys are going to a) check TFRs and b) abide by them"

Yeah, I love the notion that the TSA thinks that a terrorist entering a TFR or any other such areas will just go "Ooops" and turn it around.

There are so many stupid things being done right now in the name of "national security." Exhibit number one is the ADIZ around DC. What good does it do to have you call up and get a squawk if anyone can get it? You can call up Leesburg and say, "hello, my name is Osama bin Laden and I would like a clearance to fly in the ADIZ" and they would give it to you.

This guy just looks like he got caught in a mess, though. So nice of the feds to give people virtually no notice about the TFR around Philly and then some poor dumb bastard probably will lose his ticket for a while for flying in it.

You should try the Disney TFR. Obviously an attempt to capitalize on a national tragedy, Disney asked for a TFR to keep the Church Street Station and Ronjon's banner towers out of their airspace.

However it has backfired - the banner towers are now getting a squawk code and flying in anyway
smile.gif

blush.gif

Don't trash the Drudge Report. Most of it is just links to other news sites. The Drudge Report generated stories are often gossip, true, but also have had several scoops on the traditional media.

[ QUOTE ]
The Drudge Report generated stories are often gossip, true,

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough said.
smirk.gif

The fact that a man flying a C-172 [115 mph] entered the 30 mi TFR .Flew over the President prior to being stoped or shot down, only points to the total waste of airspace the TFRs are.

Would not want to be him...

CNN) -- A pilot forced to land because he had entered closed airspace was unaware of the temporary restrictions imposed because President Bush was in the area, according to initial inquiries, the Secret Service said.

The Cessna 172 was intercepted over the route that the president's motorcade was to follow to Philadelphia, and the pilot, whose name was not released, was ordered to land at Camden County Airport.

A Secret Service spokeswoman said the plane was flying low and erratically.

She added the president was never in danger and that the initial conclusion was that the pilot did not know about the temporary airspace restrictions.

The Secret Service said initial interviews indicated that the pilot, the only person in the single-engine plane, was on contract to inspect above-ground oil pipelines for possible damage, which required him to fly low.

Karl Kleinberg, owner and operator of the Camden County Airport, said local and federal officials -- including police, the FBI, and Secret Service -- converged on the airport in about a dozen vehicles, approached the pilot with guns drawn, ordered him to the ground, handcuffed him and took him away.

But even as it was happening, Kleinberg said, he felt it was of no significance.

"The problem is, every time the president moves someplace to make a speech, they give you last-minute instructions and a lot of times pilots don't get the word."

Kleinberg said it was safe to assume the pilot "was not aware of the restriction."

-- CNN Senior White House Correspondent John King and Producer Shannon Troetel contributed to this story.

[ QUOTE ]

But even as it was happening, Kleinberg said, he felt it was of no significance.

"The problem is, every time the president moves someplace to make a speech, they give you last-minute instructions and a lot of times pilots don't get the word."

Kleinberg said it was safe to assume the pilot "was not aware of the restriction."

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, then why did they do the following........?

[ QUOTE ]
Karl Kleinberg, owner and operator of the Camden County Airport, said local and federal officials -- including police, the FBI, and Secret Service -- converged on the airport in about a dozen vehicles, approached the pilot with guns drawn, ordered him to the ground, handcuffed him and took him away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we now live in a police state where no one is above suspicion and everyone is considered guilty until proven innocent (and maybe not even then).

The bad news is, you're part of this apparatus.

The funny thing is, the Secret Service spokeswoman all but damns the case for the TFRs:

[ QUOTE ]
A Secret Service spokeswoman said the plane was flying low and erratically.

She added the president was never in danger and that the initial conclusion was that the pilot did not know about the temporary airspace restrictions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a plane flying low and erratically directly over the motorcade never placed the president in danger, that proves the TFRs are wholly unnecessary.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and believe me, it pisses me off more and more every day. Hell, the rate this country is going, we oughta just make the whole damn country one big TFR since that seems to be the direction we're going with all this. For a government entity that's supposed to promote aviation, the FAA is doing a piss-poor job of it, especially as it relates to GA. If we keep going this route, there'll be no more need for FSDOs, DEs, and most of the FAA hierechy itself, as there will be no more GA to enforce.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and believe me, it pisses me off more and more every day. Hell, the rate this country is going, we oughta just make the whole damn country one big TFR since that seems to be the direction we're going with all this. For a government entity that's supposed to promote aviation, the FAA is doing a piss-poor job of it, especially as it relates to GA. If we keep going this route, there'll be no more need for FSDOs, DEs, and most of the FAA hierechy itself, as there will be no more GA to enforce.

[/ QUOTE ]

mad.gif
It is not the FAA that is forcing the 30 mi TFRs down our throats. It is the Secret Service. Since 9/11 they have been trying to stop ALL movement around the Pres.

That pilot has six months of worry ahead of him. Just hope he filed the NASA form.

Question? If you can get 4 zelots to crash aircraft into buildings, why can't you get another one to do the same thing from 18000 ft. Over the top of the TFR, roll inverted and down you come. Ain't nothing gonna stop it.

[ QUOTE ]
For a government entity that's supposed to promote aviation, the FAA is doing a piss-poor job of it, especially as it relates to GA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, in our family, the FAA was never anyone's favorite agency but since I've started flying and dealing with the CFRs on a "daily" basis and watching the FAA roll over like little pansys everytime some beuareacrat decides "the little white planes are going to kill us all" or "pilots are inherently all terrorists" it REALLY pisses me off.

The FAA is supposed to be here for us - pilots and the aviation community - but all they've demonstrated thusfar is just how completely and utterly •ing useless they are.

Why do convicted murders and child molestors have more rights (and right to due process) than a federally certificated pilot? (regarding the "pilot insecurity bill") I'll tell 'ya. The FAA bent over and took it - like a 20yr lifer in San Quentin - from the TSA and then they turned around, smiled and asked for more.

[ QUOTE ]
It is not the FAA that is forcing the 30 mi TFRs down our throats. It is the Secret Service.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but the FAA sure as hell isn't doing anything to stop 'em from shoving these TFRs down our throats.

Ah, screw it. I'm moving to Canada.

Hockey, beer, eh.

Back