Great Lakes

True they do have that problem which is only going to be compounded with the new 117 and there having to reconstruct there business model. They do not pay well and its living in Cheyenne, though there is always a chance for overtime.

However they are in need of dispatchers and might be a good start to some that are fresh out of Dispatch school. It does serve a purpose on that aspect, experience.

I agree 100%, it is low pay and known as "Great Mistakes" but good 121 experience.
....And pay at ANY OTHER carrier will only increase from Great Lakes.

I have also heard them called Great Flakes. However the one person I knew who worked there enjoyed it and said there was plenty of OT available. A carrier with jet equipment would probably be better experience for the resume though if you have a choice.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MT
I have also heard them called Great Flakes. However the one person I knew who worked there enjoyed it and said there was plenty of OT available. A carrier with jet equipment would probably be better experience for the resume though if you have a choice.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Same, I knew someone who worked there and said they made a dece amount of OT since he commuted to DEN during his days off he was always willing to work when not at home. Said it was good experience and was treated ok, just a low paying company.

Right and that is exactly what it is a chance for new dispatcher fresh out of school looking to get that so much needed experience to move into bigger better companies.

Career Progression

Great Lakes -> other regional -> major

Or if lucky

Great Lakes -> Major

Gotta start somewhere!

Career Progression

Great Lakes -> other regional -> major

Or if lucky

Great Lakes -> Major

Gotta start somewhere!

I know of several people who got on with SkyWest after starting at GL. Also one person who is now at a major, basically following the first path you mentioned. So yeah, if you like CYS, I'd say it would be worth applying.

Back