Great Lakes Lateral?

In such a way that Lakers are getting hired to LCC and Legacy carriers and hence opening up spots for junior Lakers to upgrade to captain and get their PIC and move on.

If there is no one moving on you are stuck in the right seat and hence not getting PIC, which for many was the sole reason they went there to begin with.

I know in this case it's slightly different, but the reason Lakes is tolerable to some is the fact that they WILL get the PIC time quickly and be able to move on.

Don't go there planning on a quick upgrade. It may not happen.

The pay at minimum guarantee is actually BELOW the State of Colorados minimum wage by about $200. That is minimum montly guarantee, not including per-diem.

How long are new FOs on reserve, how much are they flying.

Right now there aren't very many places for GLA captains to move on to.

Then you remember what happened at PSA, and realize no matter how much planning you do, all of the numbers can change.

Upgrade is still right at ATP mins. If you have the time plus 300 hours company and you can pass the difficult pretest you can upgrade. Be careful some of the initial classes have a 50% washout. Have a few bad days and you could have a discontinuance on your record. They do put you up in a hotel room with a roommate but you are unpaid for almost 2 months. Many of the FOs have never sat reserve.

I would not go to the interview for "interview practice" because the interview is canned. Because they invest a small amount in at least the first part of training I think they can afford to throw #### at a wall and see what sticks. As long as you seem like a decent guy and they think you have a decent instrument scan your in. An internal recommendation will get you that interview letter you have been waiting on.

The flying is fun, you will have a good time. You go into the job knowing the pay will be low, but you quickly learn that work rules are all important. You learn about junior-manning, no duty rigs and no block-or-better pay. The training contract is 15 months $7500 non-prorated. Don't fool yourself and think you can beat it see the Wyoming Supreme Court decision. http://wyom.state.wy.us/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?id=448863&hits=

You may go bankrupt, you may lose your girlfriend, but you will fly to a lot of cool places and become an experienced pilot quickly. Expect to fly 100 hours a month and have 10 days off.

The flying is fun, you will have a good time.

Expect to fly 100 hours a month and have 10 days off.

You contradicted yourself.:rolleyes:

To top it off there is no guarantee if and when you upgrade and get the time you will be hired at the place of your choosing. It's not like magically with 2500 TT and 1000 121 PIC every major is going to have a major hard on for you. You have to keep the bliss in check in this industry. Could be a while with capacity reduction, crappy economy, and age 65.

You contradicted yourself.:rolleyes:

To top it off there is no guarantee if and when you upgrade and get the time you will be hired at the place of your choosing. It's not like magically with 2500 TT and 1000 121 PIC every major is going to have a major hard on for you. You have to keep the bliss in check in this industry. Could be a while with capacity reduction, crappy economy, and age 65.

Just keep in mind that not everybody's goal is to go to one of the majors. I would imagine that a job flying a 1900 would make you a decent candidate for a job somewhere else flying a King Air if that's what you're interested in. If you know the right people, you could get on doing corporate somewhere. Maybe you wanna be the next crazy freight dog. I personally think the flying at Lakes would be crazy fun and I imagine the crews know how to have a good time. I've wanted to live in Denver for a long time too.

I realize the job is probably not anybody's dream job, but I could see it being a lot of fun as a single guy without any debt or major responsibilities.

Just keep in mind that not everybody's goal is to go to one of the majors. I would imagine that a job flying a 1900 would make you a decent candidate for a job somewhere else flying a King Air if that's what you're interested in. If you know the right people, you could get on doing corporate somewhere. Maybe you wanna be the next crazy freight dog. I personally think the flying at Lakes would be crazy fun and I imagine the crews know how to have a good time. I've wanted to live in Denver for a long time too.

I realize the job is probably not anybody's dream job, but I could see it being a lot of fun as a single guy without any debt or major responsibilities.

If you read all the posts instead of the last one you would actually see that I suggested that. I flew freight for half a decade before going to the airlines.

Why go there at all if you have no interest in the airlines? Why make that little when you can get a king air job with barely a pulse any way? The gentleman who asked the question is an adult with a wife and probably can't afford to work for less than free to have "crazy fun" at a job that isn't going to take you any further than the next.

If you read all the posts instead of the last one you would actually see that I suggested that. I flew freight for half a decade before going to the airlines.

Why go there at all if you have no interest in the airlines? Why make that little when you can get a king air job with barely a pulse any way? The gentleman who asked the question is an adult with a wife and probably can't afford to work for less than free to have "crazy fun" at a job that isn't going to take you any further than the next.

It's not so much that I didn't read all of the posts, it's just that I can't remember doing it. If you can show me where to get a king air job with barely a pulse, I'm all ears. Also, though the airlines might not be somebody's ultimate destination, that doesn't mean they have no interest in them whatsoever. I talk to guys who do all sorts of of flying and they always say they would love to try out the other side of flying, whether that's airlines, freight, charter, corporate, or whatever it is they aren't currently doing. Either way, we agree that Lakes is not a place for everybody but it can be a place for somebody.

By the way, when I checked Mountain Air Cargo a few weeks ago, they didn't have any pilot position openings. I've made some friends in the freight world, but lack the time to go to their companies. Lakes seems like a good (and currently the only) fit for me unless Hulas invites me to go waterskiing again soon.

Not sure. The interview went AWESOME IMO. But i wasn't offered the job.:confused: Same thing happened to a couple other guys i know as well.

I have a friend who didn't meet the advertised minimums, screwed up the sim portion of the interview and got hired. I met the min's and didn't even get an interview. I have no idea what's going on over at Mesaba but it's frustrating to say the least.

Wow! Really?? Where is that?

I live in Park City, ski around here and up in the Cottonwoods.

Alta got 700 inches last year.

We get a lot of freaking snow here in the winter. Too bad winter hasn't figured out that it's time to start snowing!!!!!!

We get a lot of freaking snow here in the winter. Too bad winter hasn't figured out that it's time to start snowing!!!!!!
Aren't you supposed to have JC blocked while studying for the LSAT, bro??????? Tsk, tsk!

LSAT's tomorrow, I'm done studying at this point. Right now I'm trying to fight off a cold and hope that I wake up tomorrow feeling 110%.

Damn, that is unbelievable. How much for a pass? If I lose my job this year, screw it I'm going to be a board bum in Alta.

Back