Great Lakes 135 operation

jweldon

“Member”
Heard from a guy that walked in today that Great Lakes will be shutting down their 135 ops. He said he was hired recently, trained, and informed yesterday that he no longer had a job, that Great Lakes was shuttering their 135 operations, and that anyone paid over $35/hr would be reevaluated.
I don't know this guy, so is this just a rumor at this point. Anybody at Great Lakes that can confirm?

I don't work at GLA either, but know a few guys there. The furlough word has been thrown around a lot lately, CEO left, other staff are gone, and it doesn't sound good. But as I speak I do see one of their B1900s taxiing in Denver so it's not over till the fat lady sings.

My friends there are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

The fat lady has been doing arpeggios and scales while warming up for some time. She sounds like Florence Foster Jenkins.

No one can succeed with load factors in the 30% range. Too bad - this scrappy little airline has been holding off the inevitable for some time.

Unfortunately 'Turning Final' has a different meaning at GLA these days.

Heard from a guy that walked in today that Great Lakes will be shutting down their 135 ops. He said he was hired recently, trained, and informed yesterday that he no longer had a job, that Great Lakes was shuttering their 135 operations, and that anyone paid over $35/hr would be reevaluated.
I don't know this guy, so is this just a rumor at this point. Anybody at Great Lakes that can confirm?

Are they 121 or 135 DOT 380 or both?

I rarely wish a company fail because of jobs lost, but with the current job market, anyone at great mistakes will find a job....so I hope they finally disappear.

I don't work at GLA either, but know a few guys there. The furlough word has been thrown around a lot lately, CEO left, other staff are gone, and it doesn't sound good. But as I speak I do see one of their B1900s taxiing in Denver so it's not over till the fat lady sings.

My friends there are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

So even the employees are hoping they close up? No way their next jobs won't be better than there.

Speaking of Great Lakes, anyone else see this?

94E91467-693A-436A-967C-8EC9F0B63529_zpswaiadewx.jpg

Operated by aerodynamics?

Uh, EVERY flight is operated by aerodynamics.

I'm gonna assume that's the company I always see advertising for E145 pilots on climbto350...ADI or something along those lines.

I flew to Pierre on ADI to pick the Extra 300 up in my avatar. I was so happy not to be flying GLA.

Just an FYI guys. ADI is owned by the same guy who owned Seaport, John Beardsley. And Tim Siber is doing management (or in this case lack of management consulting). I expect the same thing to happen to ADI eventually that happened to Seaport. Just a matter of time......

Just an FYI guys. ADI is owned by the same guy who owned Seaport, John Beardsley. And Tim Siber is doing management (or in this case lack of management consulting). I expect the same thing to happen to ADI eventually that happened to Seaport. Just a matter of time......

ADI has been around long, long time.

Back