Got the New Plastic Ticket!

ready2fly

My new plastic certificate came in the mail yesterday! I must say - it's pretty spiffy. Might just have to "loose" this'n.
wink.gif

I took my IR ride on June 7th and it arrived August 11th....so 9 weeks. Not to shabby.
grin.gif

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
^^ I did the same!! When it comes I will have to go flying again just to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iain you just need to go flying period...

crazy.gif

The FAA, in all their brilliance, initiated this whole new permanent license program and for some unknown reason decided not to make it a photo ID despite the security panic and changing of the FAR's about 7 months ago to require a picture ID to be carried by the pilot?????

Do they think these things out at all?

I think it makes more sense to just carry an additional photo ID. Its not like one more little card is such a huge burden. My boss got his licenses and ratings in his 30's. He is now 76 and still an active pilot with a second class med. I would venture to guess he looks a little different now than he did then. I got all of my current licenses/ratings before I was even 20...if I'm still flying when I'm 76, I will unfortunately probably not look the same as I did when I got them. The Airman Certification branch is already sllloooooow. Can you imagine how much worse it would be with people constantly having to send in pictures to have licenses renewed like your drivers license?
tongue.gif

It would also increase the cost if they had to include photo's on the cards. It's easier to include a reg to make you carry the DL or other government issued photo ID, rather than to modify the current system to incorporate the photo.

Still waiting for mine, Got my Comm/SEL/inst June 17th. Next week I'm off to ATP for the ME add-on, looks like I'll be turning in my temp.

Alot of people keep whining that there is no picture, but be careful what you wish for. They could easily make you go to the FSDO to get your picture taken. Or make DE's buy a special camera so they can send it to the FAA. Then tell you that you have to send another picture because their server was down. They never make it cheap or easy.

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of people keep whining that there is no picture, but be careful what you wish for. They could easily make you go to the FSDO to get your picture taken. Or make DE's buy a special camera so they can send it to the FAA. Then tell you that you have to send another picture because their server was down. They never make it cheap or easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, the government incovenience us? Never........
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough I suppose.

Funny thing is that with the pictures of Orville and Wilbur on the back, people keep pointing at Orville - the bald(ish) one and saying "Isn't that you right there??? Who's the other guy? hahahaha!!"

.....yeah... thaaaaat's funny.
wink.gif

Last time I get a hair cut - ever!!
grin.gif

Back