Got It!

John_Jones

Well,
big change I'm about to embark on. Aeronautics has been a great part of me, but I need a break from it. I am going into what I also love to do in computer science. I am enlisting in the Marine Corps. I'll be enlisting in the Technoligical Cryptography and be leaving for training January, 15, 2004. So excited, and though it doesnt involve aviation, thought I'd post it anyway.

You mean to tell me you are leaving radio to enlist? You need a shrink my man. Don't you have a degree?

However, if that is what you want; best of luck. P.S. don't forget, prior to the "electronics training" you have Boot Camp and ITR to go through.

[ QUOTE ]
You mean to tell me you are leaving radio to enlist? You need a shrink my man. Don't you have a degree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I'm tired of radio. I have worked with a station all through college, and I'm not happy any more. Yep, I have a degree in Aeronautical Science and Computer Science (joint sorta deal). I'm giving aviation a break. I'm young (just turning 24), and I need a change for a while. Love to work in this sort of field and cant wait to get started.

My main question is? Why are you going enlisted?. With a degree you should be able to go in as an officer. Much better environment.

But just asking. Best of luck.

Sorry not really that familiar with the terms, I have talked on the phone and today ate lunch with my local advisor. I will become an Officer in the Cryptography Tech (sorry just didnt have my terms right-sometimes I can really be a doofus). Sort of preliminary stages right now, but I have been in contact with the local advisor. Sorry for mixing up that...

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry not really that familiar with the terms, I have talked on the phone and today ate lunch with my local advisor. I will become an Officer in the Cryptography Tech (sorry just didnt have my terms right-sometimes I can really be a doofus). Sort of preliminary stages right now, but I have been in contact with the local advisor. Sorry for mixing up that...

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote an old instructor I had " Words mean things"

Whoo Rahh!!!

Now drop and give me 50 ... SIR!

Well to day was my day to sign the 'form' I guess you call. Well....I didnt come through. After taking a big look at my current situation. What I'm gunna do with my life=aviation and not computer science. So afther slapping myself once and going up in old C-152 of mine up over South Padre and the coast (and hearing it from my wife) I am not headed in. owh well...I'm slmost ready to take the plunge to aregional and why screw my dream since 5 years old up now...

[ QUOTE ]
Well to day was my day to sign the 'form' I guess you call. Well....I didnt come through. After taking a big look at my current situation. What I'm gunna do with my life=aviation and not computer science. So afther slapping myself once and going up in old C-152 of mine up over South Padre and the coast (and hearing it from my wife) I am not headed in. owh well...I'm slmost ready to take the plunge to aregional and why screw my dream since 5 years old up now...

[/ QUOTE ]

???.....................
smirk.gif

OK,

Now drop and give me 100 ... maggett

I was one signature away from signing with the Navy, they were going to finish my college up on scholarship and then flight training ( had it in writiting ) and then a 6 yr. Fleet committment. I scared myself because I was so close to my dream, I told the recruiter I needed to think about it. Stupidest thing I've ever said. I never went back and the opportunity passed me by. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
???.....................

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, thats what everyone in my familly thinks...Dad told me "Hell Son change yo mind every two minutes, make it up yaddy yaddy yaddy".

[ QUOTE ]
OK,

Now drop and give me 100 ... maggett

I was one signature away from signing with the Navy, they were going to finish my college up on scholarship and then flight training ( had it in writiting ) and then a 6 yr. Fleet committment. I scared myself because I was so close to my dream, I told the recruiter I needed to think about it. Stupidest thing I've ever said. I never went back and the opportunity passed me by. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owh well...My dream isnt the Military, its flying commercially. I dont think I was headed in the right way when I started thinking of this (a couple of years ago).

Sorry for not responding to your post earlier, but I just got back from Iraq not too long ago. I just got out of the Corps, and was in the Intel/Signals Intel field. Unless I am mistaken you are going to be a new 2600 or 0200. Either way if you would like the scoop on your new job ( the unclas brief ) your part in combat ops, security clearances or anything else just post your question, or PM me. I'll give you the real, just slightly motivated story. Good Luck!

Thanks for you're consideration but unfortunately I had to go ahead and change my way on this one. I'll copy and paste what I had typed earlier...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought about it and I have to much going on and going for me, beautiful wife, decent salary, beatiful baby, and one of the better jobs.

Back