Got an interview...

SQUAWK3274

So, I landed an interview with an AF Reserve unit to fly C-130's..It was very short notice and is coming up quickly (Mar.7). Any last words of advice/ Do's & Dont's ect. would be helpful.

Thanks guys, for all of the help in to getting me this far!

Dan

So, I landed an interview with an AF Reserve unit to fly C-130's..It was very short notice and is coming up quickly (Mar.7). Any last words of advice/ Do's & Dont's ect. would be helpful.

Thanks guys, for all of the help in to getting me this far!

Dan

Send a PM to Frog Flyer...he was just picked up by a C-5 unit here in TX.

Congrats.

What do they look for when interviewing? times, experience, etc?

Wow congrats! Tell us more. What did were they looking for? What was your resume, GPA, hours? etc.

Oh, now all of the sudden you guys wanna reply :rolleyes:?? JK Thanks to all of you for the support. I don't know much info other than this:

Selected by the 357th Airlift wing in Montgomery,AL. They fly C130's, and the guys there seem awsome. They said the earliest I will attend OTS will be Dec. There were only 4 of us interviewing, and 2 were selected.

My stats: I am 24, have a marketing degree with a 2.75
gpa (yea, I know:eek:) , 800 flight hours, CFI/CFII, AFOQT Pilot: 92, PCSM: 99

(if you have at least a ppl, I don't see how you can score bad on either of those, so give it a shot- nevertheless, buy the study books so you don't suck on the other portions!)

If you are preparing for an interview/considering trying to get a military flight slot (I went AF Reserves), I highly recommend wantscheck.com and baseops.net. I was all over those (and of course JC) throughout the entire process.

Good luck to anyone pursuing a slot. Considering how hard it is to find info about the entire process, I can't believe how smoothly it went after getting the AFOQT out of the way...That's the first step. Do that, and its all down hill from there:bandit:

Now, I just have to pray Brooks goes well...

That's great bro. Congrats on being selected to fly the 130. I've always loved that rugged old beast. I'd give anything to ride in a 130 with the Hurricane Hunters.

If you ever fly into KBAD, shoot me a pm. Got alot of friends there that are B.U.F.F. pilots and we'll talke ya out for some southern style crawfish eating! :bandit:

Congrats! As Frog Flyer already pointed out, the fun part has just started! Just keep yourself busy while you "hurry up and wait."

Congrats....you will get to fly the greatest turboprop aircraft EVER built... but then I am biased with some 1500+ hours in her. the first time you roll out on final for an assault landing to the "strip" ( 3000x60 ) and the pilot maintains 1000' until the runway disappears under the nose.... then begins his descent.... and remembering you are landing an aircraft about the size of a 737-200 on a piece of dirt or concrete that is only 60 feet wide and 3000' long... it will get your attention.... oh and I forgot to mention... the touchdown zone is only 400 FEET long... from 100 down the runway to 500 down the runway... or its an automatic go around... touchdown out of the zone and DONT go around on a check ride is an automatic bust!!

Course my favorite is flying down the runway at 220-250-KIAS at 10,000 feet.... throttles back until the props NTS.... and you make ONE 360 degree descent to the ZONE for a full stop landing... oh... and its a clay runway and it night time.......

ENJOY!!!

Congrats....you will get to fly the greatest turboprop aircraft EVER built... but then I am biased with some 1500+ hours in her. the first time you roll out on final for an assault landing to the "strip" ( 3000x60 ) and the pilot maintains 1000' until the runway disappears under the nose.... then begins his descent.... and remembering you are landing an aircraft about the size of a 737-200 on a piece of dirt or concrete that is only 60 feet wide and 3000' long... it will get your attention.... oh and I forgot to mention... the touchdown zone is only 400 FEET long... from 100 down the runway to 500 down the runway... or its an automatic go around... touchdown out of the zone and DONT go around on a check ride is an automatic bust!!

Course my favorite is flying down the runway at 220-250-KIAS at 10,000 feet.... throttles back until the props NTS.... and you make ONE 360 degree descent to the ZONE for a full stop landing... oh... and its a clay runway and it night time.......

ENJOY!!!

Now T H A T is what I am talking about!

Back