Got a ride in a Gulfstream GIII today!

ryan4sail

Was fortunate enough to go up with a few of the kids I mentor in the back of a G3 today on a empty leg. Such a cool airplane! This has really motivated me to get out of instructing and get a jet job. My buddy who took me up in the gulfstream has a lot of connections in the industry, and he said he could help me get a job at flight safety in LGB. instruct in the sim and build time/make connections. Would anybody recommend this?

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 487
My buddy who took me up in the gulfstream has a lot of connections in the industry, and he said he could help me get a job at flight safety in LGB. instruct in the sim and build time/make connections. Would anybody recommend this?

From a career advancement standpoint, yes I would recommend doing it. Those guys do make some good connections and end up with some great jobs. The downside is, you wouldn't be flying real airplanes for a while. But the trade off might be worth it.

From a career advancement standpoint, yes I would recommend doing it. Those guys do make some good connections and end up with some great jobs. The downside is, you wouldn't be flying real airplanes for a while. But the trade off might be worth it.

I know several that took that road after instructing a bit at FSA, they all went from the sim to the real thing in just over a year, some even less if you include contract jobs they would get while working in the sim.

I've never met one person who has regretted doing the right seat program. My wife is in the Hawker program at FSI.

Alex.

I think I'm gonna apply. My buddy who took me up in the jet knows everyone over there, and he said he'd walk my resume in with me.

Epstein, and GG for that matter, dont fly the GIII anymore. Every time we are in TIST we would see that ugly thing. Now he has a GIV, black of course.

Back on topic... I'll second/third/fourth the FSI idea. I'm another SIC program success story. It was time well spent.

Epstein, and GG for that matter, dont fly the GIII anymore. Every time we are in TIST we would see that ugly thing. Now he has a GIV, black of course.

Back on topic... I'll second/third/fourth the FSI idea. I'm another SIC program success story. It was time well spent.
Did you end up getting a job flying the actual airplane after? If so, how long did it take?

Did you end up getting a job flying the actual airplane after? If so, how long did it take?

From my experience, I was pretty lucky. I got my first contract trip in the aircraft I was trained in within 6 months of starting as an SIC in the sim, I was then hired by the same operator within a year. There were guys that had been there for a couple years that had only gotten a few contract trips, and no job leads, so it can vary widely.

It is a definite gamble but, at the very least, you will have the opportunity to network with many flight department line pilots and chief pilots, which can come in handy later in your career even if you don't get picked out of the sim.

Great looking G3. Miss seeing those machines.
Yep take the job at FSI, those guys move onto good jobs

Yeah, go for it. As the saying goes: It can't hurt to try. If nothing comes of you applying then look for something else. Good luck.

Back