Got a letter from the Academy

you know everytime i see this Forum name

"Got a letter from the Academy"

I am expecting a Star Trek joke inside.

Doug,

I am using someone else's log in. As you know, some people cannot be pleased. As far as the Academy, the numbers speak for themselves. We don’t make empty promises. As YOU know, being a pilot is one thing. Being an Airline pilot is another. If a person is dedicated, determined and maintains the right attitude, becoming an airline pilot is certainly possible. Right now, it’s being done here at the Academy. As a matter of fact, over 70 hired this year alone! As for the marketing, the results say it all.

We don’t engage in most online discussions because most of the time the so-called "student" is a competitor trying to make us look bad. When you are in our position, its understood. However, the people that we enroll have made a decision to attend based on facts. Our goal is to help people make the right choice based on their circumstances.
Hope this helps.

Tracy

PS

The offer is still there…

[ QUOTE ]
If a person is dedicated, determined and maintains the right attitude, becoming an airline is certainly possible. Right now, it’s being done here at the Academy.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be a great quote if the "Academy" is the only place in the United States where this was happening.

But it's not.

The FBO where I am doing my training saw four of its nine instructors hired just this year.

And guess what? They all paid a FRACTION of what your students pay.

[ QUOTE ]
The FBO where I am doing my training saw four of its nine instructors hired just this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if that is one of the competitors he was talking about!
wink.gif

Naw. We don't advertise in aviation mags. We don't throw out any "guarantees". We don't have a marketing department.

We just train folks how to fly.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We just train folks how to fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

But ... but ..... how... why ...... ahhhhhh they do what they're supposed to do!? how can that be!? How do they milk their students for every last dollar!?

[/flamethrower:off]
grin.gif

WHA!?

I think I was giving the wrong idea: I promise you, I am not one of your competitors, nor have any intentions of doing ill to your academy. I just wanted to share what I thought was something that quite honestly made me laugh when I opened the envelope. I respect the DCA training, I was very impressed when I went down there. Heck, I would be there right now if I had the money. I just cannot afford to be in debt after training is over, at least not at this point.. thats why the FBO route is perfect. And with the work I put into this instrument rating, I can assure you, I'm making my IFR rating a good one
smile.gif
I'm still paying back college loans for right now, so I can't, won't afford another one to pay for flight school. I guess it can be regarded as "not having a pair and diving in" but I also have almost grown up in this FBO...

I hope you just didn't think I was trying to pour water on what I'm sure is a very professional organization!

Back