Got a job! There is still hope

yup they have CRJ, ERJ, Dash 8 and B-1900. I will get either the Dash 8, CRJ, or ERJ... They said one of the RJs is most likely since im not old enough to get my ATP for another few months and they want almost instant upgrades on the dash 8.... I plan on putting a gouge together and posting it on aviationinterviews.com.. However the interview is about 25% technical and 75% getting to know you and testing your judgement. They also want to make sure at airlines they can be in a really crowded room for 4 days at a time with you and still want to fly with you at the end of the week. There was a 50 question written on the ATP study guide. After that I had a 2 on 1 interview. Lots of Jepp plate questions, no systems questions which suprised me. Then a lot of situational questions such as what would I do if the captain had his seatbelt off on takeoff roll, what if I was 2 miles passed the Missed approach point and i saw an aircraft crashed on the runway. There were quite a few other situational questions as well. Honesty is the most important thing. They definately can smell a canned answer from a mile away... good luck to all. Things finally seem to be turning around slowly but surely. See you all on the other side!
grin.gif

Congrats Cosmo!
Keep us updated on the training and what you would recommend to make it through it. Right now, I am about one year behind you in the process. Did you just mail out a bunch of resumes, or did you have any inside info/help?

Bye Bye SLC

Well im just kind of piggy backing on this thread I started a couple weeks ago. Heading to phoenix for groundschool tomorrow. It should last roughly 4 weeks and then there is a break before CSI, oral, and sim. Guess you could say im kinda nervous but I think as long as I study I should do fine. I should be sleeping right now as my flight leaves at 7:30 but too hard to sleep right now.. Anyway see you guys in a month. I cant wait to get down to that 70 degree weather! Its been well below freezing here the last little while..

Back