Got a job offer, but......

TallFlyer

So yesterday I got a job offer for a summer and possibly longer position down in Juneau. Pay is decent, scenery is incredible, equipment is pretty good, so what's not to like, right?

Honestly I'd really like to be back in the Anchorage area. I don't have anything lined up there yet flying wise, but do have a summer ground-bound opportunity that would make me the same as the flying gig out of JNU.

Anyways, I've got a week to get back to them......

job offer in location A

no job offer in location B

Should be an easy decision....Good luck!

job offer in location A

:yeahthat:

Grilled chicken, ready to eat in your bag. All you have to do is eat it.
Drop the bag and hunt for another one that is still running around?

There are many waiting to get a job ;) . Moving around a bit builds character and experience. Give it a try for the summer, head back home if you don't dig it.

So yesterday I got a job offer for a summer and possibly longer position down in Juneau. Pay is decent, scenery is incredible, equipment is pretty good, so what's not to like, right?

Honestly I'd really like to be back in the Anchorage area. I don't have anything lined up there yet flying wise, but do have a summer ground-bound opportunity that would make me the same as the flying gig out of JNU.

Anyways, I've got a week to get back to them......

Air Excursions? or Wings?

job offer in location A

Dude, I hear ya......

:yeahthat:

Grilled chicken, ready to eat in your bag. All you have to do is eat it.
Drop the bag and hunt for another one that is still running around?
Oh, I'm still looking, sent out another 4-5 resumes yesterday. We'll see.
Stay in Anchorage. A job isn't worth moving for. Home is home.
I hear ya, especially when I haven't been around said home for a long time. In the last three years I've maybe spent a year in ANC.
There are many waiting to get a job ;) . Moving around a bit builds character and experience. Give it a try for the summer, head back home if you don't dig it.
Probably what will end up happening.
You are a pilot, right? Since when wouldn't you have to move for a job? Unless you're the world's luckiest pilot, I don't forsee that always being an option.
Actually it would be pretty easy to stick around Anchorage your entire career if one wished to do that. I do know a couple folks that grew up in southcentral AK and now fly for Alaska, United, UPS, etc.
Air Excursions? or Wings?
Air Ex
I'd be all over that.
Yeah, me too most likely.

All in all it's a good problem to have. I've got a week to accept or decline the offer and most likely I'll accept if nothing pops up soon. It'll be a lot of fun in a very beautiful place; it'll just be another summer before I have the opportunity to spend quality time with friends that I feel like I haven't seen in forever.

You are a pilot, right? Since when wouldn't you have to move for a job? Unless you're the world's luckiest pilot, I don't forsee that always being an option.

His profile says he is a Private Pilot.

I know from a Professional Pilot's standpoint, starting out, in today's world. You can't be picky and, be ready to move.

His profile says he is a Private Pilot.

I know from a Professional Pilot's standpoint, starting out, in today's world. You can't be picky and, be ready to move.
I guess I need to update the profile then. For the record, CMEL, CSEL, approx 950TT.

Or you can look at my sig.

I guess I need to update the profile then. For the record, CMEL, CSEL, approx 950TT.

Or you can look at my sig.

Awesome, Cable Wells is a cool guy, they offered me a gig last year, but I turned them down to go to hawaii (ed up there) good place to be it looks like.

Back