Good Idea?

DakotaBlue

My friend walked in a resume for me a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if you guys think that it would be a good idea to write a follow up letter to the CP. And if so what things would you say...its a frac operator in the atlanta area making dedicated cargo runs and other ops worldwide in lr-35's and g-159...thanks in advance

I don't see anything wrong with that. Might even venture a call ... just to follow up.

If I were writing the letter, it'd be short and sweet and say something to the effect of:

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">"Dear Sir/Madam:

Hire me.

Sincerely,

DakotaBlue"
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
wink.gif

Kidding.

Just thank them for considering your qualifications for the position, make a short notation of the best time to get in touch with you and say that you look forward to hearing from them in the NEAR future.

Short, sweet, to the point without being too pushy.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

R2F

Someone walked a resume in for me a while back. I decided to call them instead of sending a letter. I basically said, "Hi this is [my name] calling, an acquaintance of mine, [his name], recently brought my resume to your attention and I was just calling to follow up and see if you had any questions." (Not the exact words, but something along those lines). It seemed appropriate, and his response was polite and professional, so I guess I didn't sound too cheesy. Haven't heard anything back though (go figure).

Hey, sounds like one of my days! Polite, professional, but then they don't buy space from me. Ah, well.

Just show up at his office while he's on lunch... when he gets back say, oh someone left a message on my machine that I had an interview today. Pleasure to meet you.

You know someone tried that on me once. Almost worked. I finally figured out that I didn't know the guy from Adam, but not till I had interviewed him.

No he didn't get hired but I admired his tenacity ($10 for that word) and gave him a reference letter.

[ QUOTE ]
tenacity ($10 for that word)

[/ QUOTE ]
I love that word. Used it a lot back in my coaching days.

"That boy is tenacious!"
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just show up at his office while he's on lunch... when he gets back say, oh someone left a message on my machine that I had an interview today. Pleasure to meet you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunna. I wouldn't recommend flat out lying to your potential boss as a smart interview technique. But that's just me.

Back