Good bye, Class of '03

MissedApproach

Good bye, Class of \'03

So today I finished the last of my finals and next week I will graduate from Mountain Pointe High School. The feeling is surreal and it's hard to say good bye to so many people, knowing I'm probably seeing them for the last time.

But, I think the future holds great things as well. Next year I will start my four year "Aviation Management Technology" degree at ASU while simultaneously going through Mesa Airlines Pilot Development. I'm finally on the way to realizing my boyhood dream of flying. I know it will be a long road but I think I can do it all with minimal debt.

Thanks to everyone for providing all of us prospective students with so much valuable information. The advice I have gotten here has been absolutely invaluable in navigating through the world of aviation.

Anyway, just sad to see it all end and to part with my childhood friends after all these years.

Anyone else graduating from college or highschool? And if so what are your plans?

Re: Good bye, Class of \'03

Great Post! I definately know what you mean about the feeling of graduating. I graduated Class of '00 and can say that I'll will probably never see half of my graduating class ever again.

As we go through phases in life, look forward to college and the friends for life you will soon make.

Best of luck at ASU and with all your endeavors.

Aaron

MA,

Isn't Mountain Pointe in Tempe? ASU is in Tempe. I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of your friends in the future. Tempe is a small place. I'm glad I left and didn't end up like "that guy" that graduated 5 years earlier and keeps partying with the high schoolers.

Chris Bow
'85 Tempe High School Fighting Buffaloes

Congrats on graduating. I was in the class of '99 and can *sadly* say that I really don't see much of my high school friends these days. I still talk to a select few, those are the strong friendships that will be with you forever. It's just something that happens with time as everyone goes there own way to get their lives on track. I know its tough but don't worry, you have no idea how many fun and exciting times are ahead of you. I graduated from WMU on April 24th and can say that my college years were definately my favorite. You learn more than what they teach you in class and you make friends that will last a lifetime. You see it on this forum too, just look at Doug and his Riddle buddies. You're gonna have a great time in college and you'll be on your way to a great career. Cherish your high school memories but remember to look forward to all that lies ahead.

Happy Flying!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't Mountain Pointe in Tempe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mountain Pointe is in Ahwatukee, which is almost Tempe. True, I will still have opportunities to see the ones that go to ASU. But, I am actually going to be living on campus at ASU East, which is at Williams Gateway Airport in Gilbert. I'm sure I'll be in Ahwatukee once or twice a month at least.

[ QUOTE ]

Tempe is a small place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tempe was a small place.
smile.gif

congrats! i graduated high school in '97 and haven't looked back. i have a lot of close friends that i'm still in regular contact with so it was easy for me. i graduated from WMU in '02. god i miss it. my advice, still in college as long as you can!!!! college was the best time of my life. thats what they tell me anyway. i don't remember much.
grin.gif

Well Done!! I think that June I graduated high school (class of 2000) was the best month over. Not only did I get my PPL, and graduate high school all within a couple weeks of each other, just knowing high school was over, and the partying that went a long with that was so much fun.

College is great, it is generally very interesting, they treat you like adults, you get a lot of time off (I work more hours per day then hours I spent in class per week at University)! I graduated there in March, and am just working trying to build experience to go and get an MBA, I hope to start that in 2005.

Hey, congrats. I graduated from Catalina Foothills HS in Tucson in '99, U of A in 2002. Go Cats.

Anyways... have a blast at ASU. I certainly envy the adventure you're about to undertake. If I was less anal-retentive about money (saving for retirement) and I didn't have a fiancee (who doesn't want to be married to a pro pilot), I'd seriously consider following in your footsteps.

Good luck!!

Now I'm a 2003 college grad. Gosh, what will I do with myself??
confused.gif

Best of luck to the other grads!!!

I will be graduating next Saturday (May 24) from VES (www.ves.org) Mixed emotions... It will be bittersweet since I will be departing my childhood...Well, everyone has to grow up at one point...
tongue.gif

DeltaASA16

Wow, I feel kind of old.

I graduated from high school in '91

I always thought I would keep in touch with all my old friends. I think I still talk to maybe 3 of them now....
smirk.gif

Congratulations!....though I'm Class 'o 91 here as well....I still remember that feeling of "things are going to be different now". Keep on pressing on with the dream of aviation!

Hey DeltaASA, what was life like at a boarding school? Interesting, I surfed around your website a while. Did you enjoy it? Were you uncomfortable with the environment when you first started?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I feel kind of old.

[/ QUOTE ]

You feel old? I graduated HS in 1980! Long live Disco and polyester!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Congrats on getting out of high school. College is so much more fun. I was class of "02" and will be MTSU class of "07" it looks like. I must agree on the seeing friends though, Ive probably talked to less than 10 people that I went to school with since graduation. I only talk to a few friends from high school and I see those few people every few months. I guess everyone has parted their seperate ways. Its sad in a way, but at the same time its great to move on. I spend all of my time at school and instructing so my free time is pretty limited anyways.

Zach

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I feel kind of old.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You feel old? I graduated HS in 1980! Long live Disco and polyester!

[/ QUOTE ]

Disco sucks!
grin.gif

I graduated in 1983 - Flock of Seagulls baby!!!! Duran Duran!!! Haircut 100!! Oingo Boingo!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

BIG HAIR!!

I graduated in 2001... now Im already halfway done with college. And Ill probably be dead soon.
cool.gif
time flies when you're having fun!

Back