Good bars/restaurants in ICN and HKG

PlaneFan82

Hey all, I am heading to ICN and HLG this week for work, and was wondering if anyone has any good pointers on watering holes/places to eat.
In ICN I am staying in Itaewon, and in HKG, I am staying in the Tsim Tsa Shui district. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's not too late, here's a little help for HKG.

Go to central and get on the escalator at about 5:30 pm. Take it up until you get into the soho area where all the bars are right next to the escalator. Get off (staunton street exit) and find a nice bar and people watch while enjoying a cold beverage of your choice (Stauntons Bar seems popular with the CX crew). At around 7pm there are a ton of small restaurants to choose from, grab a bite before it gets really busy.

After you finish dinner, head on down to Hollywood road after 9pm (down hill from where you are about a 4-5 min walk, take a right). It's usually real busy most nights of the week with lots of bars and pretty things to look at. Socialito is a cool spot for margaritas and people watching.

After you've had your fill in that area, head down to LKF ( down hill from Hollywood road about 2 min if you take the stairs). This is another area of bars "Lan Kwai Fong = LKF" that will have another type of scene with late night bands at a few of the places. This little tour should have you finishing around 2 am. You will have to taxi it back to TST at this hour. All very safe, and a lot of expats to meet and greet! One warning, HONG KONG IS NOT CHEAP!

Good Luck and have fun! BTW, I've never done this myself, I've just heard about it from a friend!!!

Back