GoJets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLpilot

5-Striper
What's the word over at GoJets? I see they're hiring looking for F/O's and Captains. One thing I like already is the ORD base...I wouldn't have to move...AGAIN!

That being said, I do understand that a regional is a regional is a regional. Anyone GoJet pilots have any pros and cons they can weigh in with?

Appreciate it!

What's the word over at GoJets? I see they're hiring looking for F/O's and Captains. One thing I like already is the ORD base...I wouldn't have to move...AGAIN!

That being said, I do understand that a regional is a regional is a regional. Anyone GoJet pilots have any pros and cons they can weigh in with?

Appreciate it!

I say go for it. ORD base and a Union. Some will say you are under cutting jobs but that is just what happens when a Union doesn't have enough bargaining power and a pilot group denies a contract 3x.

Sigh.

Yet another Gojets thread.

Do a search here on JC and read about it, particularly in the "hot topics" archives.

Eh, we were about due for another one of these.

Here's a little light reading for you.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Ajetcareers.com+gojet&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

For what it's worth, I've now (proudly) kicked three of them out of my jumpseat over the last 8 months. Not everybody is me (hell, nobody else is) but there are a fair number of us out there that feel that way about their operation.

I know for a fact that a lot of PSA guys will not let them on. Just ask the guy in my crashpad how he gets to work from TLH.

Thanks, JHugz. I'm not looking to stir the pot here. Just some CURRENT insight from people with experience there.

It probably couldn't get worse than the commuter I flew for out of CLE.

Once upon a time, I was "too good" for Regionals (when I was employed)...but after being on State Unemployment Benefits, I've come to realize I need a JOB.

At this time, I don't have the luxury of being able to judge other carriers from inside a 737 cockpit. Maybe...someday.

Good point.
Gojet FO = $20,400 yr
Best Buy = $20,800 yr + more time at home.
Looks like BB wins.:panic:

Mesaba (ALPA) : You make a dollar more an hour then GOJETS flying a 900
ASA (ALPA): Making the same money an hour same equip
Comair (ALPA): Making a dollar less an hour the GOJETS same equip:)

Yeah, hating people is fun! Regional's are all bottom feeders, hence the increase in size of equipment and lowering of wages. All regionals undercut the others. Thats business.
If Gojets voted in Alpa would their "stain" suddenly be washed clean?

Out of work? They're hiring? I have no respect for anyone that choses unemployment over an honest days work/pay. After spending what I have on training and busting my ass to get what I have why the hell would I work at Best Buy? Plus, when it comes time to move on no one is going to care if you worked at Gojets anyways. I mean, if PFJ can get hired by the likes of Airtran I think you'll be ok.

Yeah, hating people is fun! Regional's are all bottom feeders, hence the increase in size of equipment and lowering of wages. All regionals undercut the others. Thats business.
If Gojets voted in Alpa would their "stain" suddenly be washed clean?

Out of work? They're hiring? I have no respect for anyone that choses unemployment over an honest days work/pay. After spending what I have on training and busting my ass to get what I have why the hell would I work at Best Buy? Plus, when it comes time to move on no one is going to care if you worked at Gojets anyways. I mean, if PFJ can get hired by the likes of Airtran I think you'll be ok.

The real message would be sent to regional MECs if we all started getting denied the jumpseat. Increase your pay and quit undercutting the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back