GoJet-serous question

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=Deniz=-

What is the deal with GoJet nowadays are they still advised against? They are unionized and have been around a lot longer than most have expected. I have even heard that there are Trans States pilots that are now flying CRJ700's. Maybe i don't understand the company that well so maybe others can enlighten the situation. Alot of people are looking for jobs now and it seems like GoJet, even though by many other regional pilots is a shady operation is becoming a viable solution because they are still hiring. What do you guys think? (from the point of view of an out of work pilot with billz to pay)

I hope you don't need a job that badly. TSA is furloughing while GoJet is hiring. That should say something right there. Yes they're still advised against, unless you like being scorned by the rest of the industry. I hope you would never have the need to jumpseat with another airline, many Captains don't welcome GoJetters on board. They're still hiring with rock bottom minimums for a reason... nobody wants to touch that place.

Rumor is that American Eagle is going to start hiring within the next couple months, hold out for them. Cape Air is hiring. There are other options.

unless you like being scorned by the rest of the industry
You're talking about the regional industry right? I asked a UA pilot I know about gojet and he thought I was talking about Go! Airlines in Hawaii. If they were looked down upon by major airlines I suppose that they wouldn't be contracted to do flying for certain major airlines...

and I don't meet the times that Cape wants and I surely won't be able to compare to the furloughed guys that already have jet time and more specifically ERJ time that Eagle will want! I've been holding out for a while, things are looking down..for me anyways. Does anybody know of anybody who works there? The only info I have gathered is that the pilots are hopeless and the F/A's are hot....

They're still hiring with rock bottom minimums for a reason... nobody wants to touch that place.

Well trans states mins were lower during the boom and so were Eagle's, this hurts!

Do a search on "Gojets" and read all the threads in the "Hot Topics" section about them.

I'm going against my better judgement and leaving this unlocked in the hopes that it will not turn into poo-slinging in the overnight hours.....

If they were looked down upon by major airlines I suppose that they wouldn't be contracted to do flying for certain major airlines...

They're looked down upon by pilots, not management, so the fact that they fly for mainline carriers doesn't tell you anything. Most of the guys I fly with still think of them as scum. The words that I would use to describe them wouldn't be appropriate in Dough's living room.

You're talking about the regional industry right? I asked a UA pilot I know about gojet and he thought I was talking about Go! Airlines in Hawaii. If they were looked down upon by major airlines I suppose that they wouldn't be contracted to do flying for certain major airlines...

Um... ok wow. We're talking pilot groups here, not management. United management does not care about whatever drama happens with the GoJet pilot group as long as it doesn't affect their regional feed. In general, pilots for major airlines don't care about what happens at the regional level either, why should they? The fact is that some mainline guys can't even name who their regional carriers are.

and I don't meet the times that Cape wants and I surely won't be able to compare to the furloughed guys that already have jet time and more specifically ERJ time that Eagle will want! I've been holding out for a while, things are looking down..for me anyways. Does anybody know of anybody who works there? The only info I have gathered is that the pilots are hopeless and the F/A's are hot....

So you're saying you don't have the times to go anywhere else and the F/A's are hot... well there's a winner of a reason to go there, use that one in the interview!

Well trans states mins were lower during the boom and so were Eagle's, this hurts!

In Eagle's case they had a rapid increase in demand that outpaced their ability to push people through training. They had to give some of their flying away due to inadequate staffing... they needed pilots ASAP. What's your point?

I overheard a conversation on the crew bus this morning. A guy was talking about a friend of his who went to Gojets (he actually left TSA to go there...oops). Long story short, he was trying to jumpseat on United and the captain kicked him off. He waited for the next flight and the captain kicked him off. Tried American and the captain kicked him off and told him to never try to jumpseat on his airline agian.

Third hand info...but info none the less. I wouldn't go there unless you plan on making it your final career stop. And even then...

I wouldn't go there unless you plan on making it your final career stop. And even then...

Yeah, "even then" is questionable. The likelihood of GoJet still being around for an entire career is very low. With pilots sitting on most major airline hiring boards and many regional airline hiring boards, it will be very difficult for a GoJet pilot to get hired anywhere unless he has connections. We've hired somewhere around 400 pilots since GoJet came into existence, and we've never hired a single GoJet pilot, despite the fact that they've interviewed. When we have an interview success rate of around 75%, that's telling you something.

GoJet is a career killer. Don't go!

Um... ok wow. We're talking pilot groups here, not management. United management does not care about whatever drama happens with the GoJet pilot group as long as it doesn't affect their regional feed. In general, pilots for major airlines don't care about what happens at the regional level either, why should they? The fact is that some mainline guys can't even name who their regional carriers are.

It's a question and you shouldn't be suprised because if only management knows about them like you confidently believe then when applying for a mainline job one should have no problem getting hired, right?

So you're saying you don't have the times to go anywhere else and the F/A's are hot... well there's a winner of a reason to go there, use that one in the interview!

You quoted me and you still got it wrong! and now to quote you "Um...ok wow". I said all I know about the airline is that the pilots are hopelss and the F/a's are hot....so that's why I am here asking about them, go home or if you do work for A West do something worth while, post more USAPA vids on youtube!:nana2:

In Eagle's case they had a rapid increase in demand that outpaced their ability to push people through training. They had to give some of their flying away due to inadequate staffing... they needed pilots ASAP. What's your point?

Don't contradict yourself you tell me to wait a couple of months and now you're saying they need pilots ASAP? Since we now know, thanks to kaktus figuring it out beofre everyone else has, "Eagle" can't afford to train thier pilots it is safe to assume according to your post that Eagle will now prefer those applicants who have previous ERJ time. I donot have ERJ time so it would be quite hard for me to compete don't you think? I wasn't trying to make a point.

Also I never said I was going to GoJet I said it was turning into a solution and I know that some have actually gone from Trans States to GoJet, so Im just asking whats going on with them!

To the rest of you guys thanks for your input. tough times. Kaktus plz don't respond I already know where you stand

There's clearly a reading comprehension problem here. I'm done. Listen to what's being said to you here unequivocally by EVERYONE. Maybe for your own sake you should take some more time to learn about how this industry works before you join it. Places like GoJets prey off naivety. Good luck kid...

It's a question and you shouldn't be suprised because if only management knows about them like you confidently believe then when applying for a mainline job one should have no problem getting hired, right?

Mainline pilots that sit on interview boards are usually far more knowledgeable about the industry than the standard line Captain, and they're usually plugged into the union circles also. They know about GoJet, and very few GoJet pilots have gotten hired by any mainline carriers. Don't make this mistake!

I I hope you would never have the need to jumpseat with another airline, many Captains don't welcome GoJetters on board. They're still hiring with rock bottom minimums for a reason... nobody wants to touch that place.

Based on this observation I would wager my month's earnings that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Mainline pilots that sit on interview boards are usually far more knowledgeable about the industry than the standard line Captain, and they're usually plugged into the union circles also. They know about GoJet, and very few GoJet pilots have gotten hired by any mainline carriers. Don't make this mistake!

WRONG! Nice try with your obviously unbiased opinion.

What is the deal with GoJet nowadays are they still advised against? They are unionized and have been around a lot longer than most have expected. I have even heard that there are Trans States pilots that are now flying CRJ700's. Maybe i don't understand the company that well so maybe others can enlighten the situation. Alot of people are looking for jobs now and it seems like GoJet, even though by many other regional pilots is a shady operation is becoming a viable solution because they are still hiring. What do you guys think? (from the point of view of an out of work pilot with billz to pay)

You're obviously reading too much into what's being said in forums, nothing wrong with GJ. Not "many regional pilots" even know anything about GJ, it's owned by Trans States holdings to fly 50+ seaters. They hired their own pilots because TSA pilots didn't want to fly the airplanes after multiple offers. Time ran out before they had to start flying ua schedules so they hired their own pilots. It's as simple as that, you can decide for your self if there is anything wrong with that. All they know is someone said something and now they think it's true. Yes there are former TSA at GJ now and more will come. All the guys that are being hired have over 10K hours or former TSA it's very tough to get in right now.

Gojet is a bad career move and if you want to know why, do a search.

Most informed airline pilots have zero respect for gojet pilots and consider them scum. I'm sorry if this offends those of you that work there, but it's true.

Thanks Fly8slep for a voice of reason. The ridiculousness of this thread is irritating beyond belief. I work for a non-Union carrier, am I scum? Stupid.

Thanks Fly8slep for a voice of reason. The ridiculousness of this thread is irritating beyond belief. I work for a non-Union carrier, am I scum? Stupid.

Ask yourself, was your pilot group created solely to undermine the collective bargaining process of another work group in your own company? If the answer is yes, then the adjective you suggested is accurately descriptive. I'll go out on a limb and say the answer is no, as the only recent examples that come to mind are freedom A and gojet.

The two gojet pilots in my crashpad have a hard time getting to work. The only way they can get to work is if they don't check in with the CA or drive to a airport with a UA flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back