Going to FSI

Yep, I'm still in Vero.

Wife,

A good portion of many people's decisions on school choice is based on the unsolicited reports of people exactly like yourself. You won't be criticized for honest opinions of schools. That's exactly what I wanted to read when I first started on JC.

Chunk

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Doug, since you offered, I'll take $170K, but that's the most I feel like I can take from you. BTW-I saw a guy in Orlando while we were waiting to board that looked like you, he was a pilot but I couldn't tell who for. You weren't there yesterday were you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!

See, ya could have said hi! We had 1.5 hours of sit around time and I disappeared down in the pilot lounge to check on Copaman, who's wife is having a baby.

My MD-90 was right next to your jet as you were boarding for SLC. I had just picked up a sandwich and a &*#@@ $1.75 Starbucks iced tea and was heading back to the jet around 6pm-ish.

Congrats on your choice of FSI!
laugh.gif
It's a big move in many ways as well you know, at least I won't be selling my house before coming down.

At this point I am straightening out my financial affairs, and may or may not make the tour before I attend. I have been following this site as well as word of mouth and other points, so at this point the choice has been made 97.075%to attend FSI.

One of the biggest confirming factors really has been this site(silly huh?!
tongue.gif
.) Over the past six month's or so I have got a good idea as possible considering the source, but feel strong enough because of the loud-mouths, I mean positive words of our fellow JC'ers to know that FSI will work out well for me. I have heard nothing but praise from my fellow pilots here in Ore. about FSI as some have attended for sim training. I've got the info pack, have been in touch with Mary and Sylvia at Admin. and have a overall posivive excitement for my continued training.

I may come and tour when I'm down for my Disney vacation in Dec.if I havn't already got my ducks in a row by then.

So, as time rolls on we shall see how things work out. I'll be looking forward to meeting the other JC wiseguys in Vero.

Just a quick question to any at FSI. For fun and physical orientation, where and or which is FSI's ramp on MSFS2004?

Best of luck to you Wife in your upcoming adventure...

Dont know about the flight sim version, but the ramp is just south east of the intersection of 11R/29L & 4/22.

I decided to attend FSA largely because of what I read on this web site. I think it was the best decision I have made along my journey to the airlines.

Seriously Doug, that makes me laugh! You looked right at us, and we both said "that looked like Doug". But it's not like we were gonna run up and tackle you down and say "are you THE Doug??" You would have called security. Well, I am sure you don't remember, but we were right on the outside row, the very tired white Utah people that were melting in the FL sun, with the hyper baby that was running around and feeling everything.
smile.gif

Seriously, people come up and say hi all the time, I'm not going to freak out and call the TSA! Well, maybe, but it depends on how scary the encounter gets!
smile.gif

Ya could have enjoyed a tour of the MCO pilot lounge or you could have come down to the MD90 for a picture in the pilot seat.

ANd also we could have risked the humilation of some poor guy saying "I am not Doug, now get your hands off me". LOL. If we were sure it was you we definitly would have said hi, but you walked by pretty fast, and it was also only a few minutes before we boarded too. We'll look for you again next time and we won't be shy.

I generally walk fast when I'm in uniform because if someone stops you to ask a question, literally within a few seconds, you've got a line of people asking you where baggage claim is, why they got their bag dug through in security, if they can get a window seat, and what gate American flight 1234 is arriving at and in which city, yadda yadda yadda!

Generally, I have no idea!
smile.gif

But if someone says "Hey Doug!" that's usually my cue that you're not going to scream at me for missing your connection in Cleveland on Continental four years ago.
smile.gif

See, ya could have had a picture with Corbin and the kiddo in the MD-90!

That's better then a pic with Santa! We'll try again some time! I can't believe people ask you that. That's kind of disrespectful. Corbin was selected for the random security check and that was NOT fun. It took about 20 minutes and me and Caleb were just waiting and waiting...I think the whole random thing is a little useless, but what do I know. It just seems like it should be an all or nothing kind of deal, either check everyone or no one.

Caleb! Whoops, sorry, I called him Corbin.

Maybe it was all those reruns of LA Law that did that to me.
smile.gif

Back