derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
JetBlue to announce major Airbus order Thursday
Thursday April 24, 3:45 am ET

NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - U.S. discount airline JetBlue
(NasdaqNM:JBLU - News) will announce a major plane order for narrow-body
jets made by European planemaker Airbus SAS (Paris:EAD.PA - News;
XETRA:EAD.DE - News), a source familiar with the situation told Reuters.

The source said New York-based JetBlue, which operates an all-Airbus fleet,
was poised to order 65 Airbus A320 family planes and take a further 50
options.
The order would be the largest registered by an airline for either Airbus or
U.S. rival Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA - News) this year.

Both JetBlue and Airbus declined to comment.

So when are they gonna finish paying for their current planes?
wink.gif

did you know the Jetblue reservations people work from home. when you call their 800# you may get some fat guy in his underware...

[ QUOTE ]
did you know the Jetblue reservations people work from home. when you call their 800# you may get some fat guy in his underware...

[/ QUOTE ]

...or some beautiful young woman in her underwear.

I heard (gotta love it when something starts out this way) the majority of their reservationists are Morman women (which is why they work from home). They apparently make pretty good pay as well.

This is great news! I'm a big JetBlue fan and I wish them well.

This annoucement took me by surprise. I would have thought there would have been some sort of inkling that something this big was about to come down the pike. You can't keep a secret for long in this industry.

[ QUOTE ]
I heard (gotta love it when something starts out this way) the majority of their reservationists are Morman women (which is why they work from home). They apparently make pretty good pay as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mother of one of my friends takes reservations for Jet Blue, and yes they are an LDS family. They gave her a computer and another phone line with access to their res system. No idea how much she earns.

She had training for what seemed like forever. I thought it was a bit much just to answer phones.

[ QUOTE ]
The source said New York-based JetBlue, which operates an all-Airbus fleet,
was poised to order 65 Airbus A320 family planes and take a further 50 options.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what they are gonna name the new planes....I suggested "Blue Bombshell" a couple months ago but for some reason I haven't seen it on any new deliveries.

BTW guys if JetBlue takes all the orders and options they have with Airbus,it means 200+ airplanes by 2012.....looks like this is a good place to make a career!

Alright!! Now with all those new planes lets hope they start serving PHX. I need jetBlue or AirTran to serve PHX so I can get home cheap without having to drive to LAS

I'm just hoping they start operating their JFK DEN route a little earlier. It doesnt come in till after midnight and I get shanghi'd into working it sometimes. Those bags are freaking huge! and there are sooo many of them. That A320 may as well be a 777 when you compare it to our A319s.

Hopefully Frontier will make an order like that though, good stuff!!

Cool. Maybe they will expand their hiring.

737 Dude, just to clarify. On our discussions about LCCs on the other thread, I still consider them niche players and a comparison between them and the majors is an apples/oranges debate, but I am a fan of the concept, as far the concept goes. I don't have anything against JB or any of the other LCCs.

I hope Jet Blue starts LGB-MEX service, I could really use cheap tickets to MEX. This order is a really good sign for the industry. Not so good for AMR or UAL.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what they are gonna name the new planes....I suggested "Blue Bombshell" a couple months ago but for some reason I haven't seen it on any new deliveries.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm.. wonder why????

could it be.. that it has... bombbombbomb...bombbomb..ba..bomb.. in it????
wink.gif

rocjetblue320,
How about Americawest as lowfare carrier in PHX- i think they have very reasonable price.

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm.. wonder why????

could it be.. that it has... bombbombbomb...bombbomb..ba..bomb.. in it????

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright Fokker, thats it! From now on I'm on you like a hawk!

Zoltan!

[ QUOTE ]
rocjetblue320,
How about Americawest as lowfare carrier in PHX- i think they have very reasonable price.

[/ QUOTE ]

There fares are very reasonable, and so is ATA, but they do not serve my home airport of Rochest,NY.

Right now my only options are to drive to Vegas and take jetBlue or AirTran home or fly Southwest out of PHX to Buffalo.

Just gonna give you guys some info:

Dave, I know you don't have anything against JB....just like I don't have anything against Atlantic Coast. We just had a difference of opinion..no biggie!

As for new cities,these are the rumors:
-Chicago (could be either Midway or Ohare)
-Dallas/Ft. Worth
-Houston (either Hobby or Bush)
-Phoenix
-Toronto
-Montreal
-Bermuda (rumored to open in 2005)
-Boston

Also their have been some hints of Caribbean and Northern Latin America service if AA decides to cutback down there.

MSY-JFK is rumored to go back to double daily,I would like to see MSY-FLL but that means going head to head with SWA and I don't think we should be doing that yet.
DEN-JFK should be double daily by the end of the year(Sorry Tim!). We might(I stress MIGHT) see DEN-FLL but we regard F9 as a "friend" so who knows.
FLL will grow big time with flights to LAS,LGB & SJU among other places, FLL-ATL might start if we feel a little pressed
JFK-SJU will most likely go to 6 flights by the end of the year,FLL-SJU should not be far behind.

Most expansion will now be outta JFK,FLL, & (possibly) IAD.
I think we have used up all our slots at LGB,so that negates any expansion out there unless Davy does some kind of song and dance for more slots.

In anycase the next 3-5 years at JB will be very,very interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
Right now my only options are to drive to Vegas and take jetBlue or AirTran home or fly Southwest out of PHX to Buffalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACA serves Rochester as United Express, connecting through Dulles (and Chicago as well, I think).

Way to go Jetblue!!! Let's see, Southwest, Airtran, Jetblue
are all making a profit. Time for the major airlines to start getting creative.....

Back