Go Jet

Jimmy_Norton

In my never ending search for data.....

Anyone here fly for Go Jet? Supposedly I may qualify for a DEC position there despite not having any 121 time. That is still TBD, but I figured I would find out what it is like to work there. Most everything I have read on APC has been pretty negative. Just curious how accurate the info on there is. PM is fine if you don't want to post about your employer in public.

Thanks.

My sample isn't representative, but two J/S dudes really stood out
One (just pre-covid) gave us a 10 min speech on how they are hiring DECs and how both of us should totally come over with his referral, naturally.
Another one said he pulled out of Aviate after UAs hiring update because "those fff women and fff minorities".
I'm sure the pilot group overall is about the same as elsewhere, but those two were some interesting dudes.
Some die hard union guys still harbor love for GoJet, someone else will fill you in on that.

That being said, it all depends on your goals.
When I was chosing, my two choices were Envoy and Air Whiskey.
I would most likely fly more and would have the fourth stripe much sooner at the later, but there are also other things here that play out better (aka D2 is better than SA5, especially traveling with kids), flow eventually if everything else fails, not having to fly a deuce, not having some obscure base like Milwaukee. Not dissing on ZW, I still think it's a great shop, just wish the future was a bit more defined. Though ExpressJet was a just-about-wholly-owned right before it got burned to the ground.

There is one person in my career that I’d go out of my way to sandbag from getting hired absolutely anywhere involving airplanes. After he got fired from XJT and failed out of training at Allegiant, he ended up at Gojet.

In my never ending search for data.....

Anyone here fly for Go Jet? Supposedly I may qualify for a DEC position there despite not having any 121 time. That is still TBD, but I figured I would find out what it is like to work there. Most everything I have read on APC has been pretty negative. Just curious how accurate the info on there is. PM is fine if you don't want to post about your employer in public.

Thanks.

Isn't that a kid's book: "Go Jet, Go!"

Or was it a B-school case study? Go start a new Jet company to screw your current company's employees.

I don't work there but apparently GoJet is the only airline that an Offender Registry had to be instituted for. Food for thought.

Yup. Wonder how many kiddies on this board have the historical context and the gumption not to be the next victim, and/or not to screw over their friends and colleagues??

starving dogs, and food, and porches, and food on porches, and feeding, and hands, and not biting, and psychopaths who put food on the porches, and... well, you get the idea

What constantly amazes me is how many people one this board seem to have been in aviation for so long and also seem to know so little about the aviation industry. I mean, I don't really care about carriers. I'm very far away from that. Yet still, I'm reasonably well apprised of what has been, and is, going on at carriers at the corporate level. Hmmm? Conundrum. @Vexed.

Last edited:
Yup. Wonder how many kiddies on this board have the historical context and the gumption not to be the next victim, and/or not to screw over their friends and colleagues??

starving dogs, and food, and porches, and food on porches, and feeding, and hands, and not biting, and psychopaths who put food on the porches, and... well, you get the idea

What constantly amazes me is how many people one this board seem to have been in aviation for so long and also seem to know so little about the aviation industry. I mean, I don't really care about carriers. I'm very far away from that. Yet still, I'm reasonably well apprised of what has been, and is, going on at carriers at the corporate level. Hmmm? Conundrum. @Vexed.

Excellent summation. I try to provide as much information as I can here and other forums for those who have questions. It's always best to do your research and having someone in the know that routinely shares company specific information as I do is an excellent source.

That said. I can understand some dude with a checkered past who has been flying a clapped out Baron for Willy's Oil Service in Texas maybe going to Go Jet. But take note. Go Jet doesn't have a cadet program. I've talked to several cadets in the past about their career trajectory and the subject does come up of working for a Go Jet/Trans States type of outfit once in a while. There were definitely some laughs over this one. Any cadet would never touch Go Jet with a 10 foot pole.

Excellent summation. I try to provide as much information as I can here and other forums for those who have questions. It's always best to do your research and having someone in the know that routinely shares company specific information as I do is an excellent source.

That said. I can understand some dude with a checkered past who has been flying a clapped out Baron for Willy's Oil Service in Texas maybe going to Go Jet. But take note. Go Jet doesn't have a cadet program. I've talked to several cadets in the past about their career trajectory and the subject does come up of working for a Go Jet/Trans States type of outfit once in a while. There were definitely some laughs over this one. Any cadet would never touch Go Jet with a 10 foot pole.

Serious comment, but OMG, however did we staff planes before cadet programs. The horror, clutches pearls.

Don't do it. Junior captain out of seniority means every person junior to you who upgrades keeps you at the bottom of the CA list. That, and it's GoJet.
The former is a far bigger reason to not than the latter, nowadays, I think.

Setting aside all of the reasons for its creation (which is ancient history at this point - all of the hand-wringing is true, but those battles were litigated and lost): (1) you’d be working for a TSH company, and (2) you’d be the bottom of the Captain category at that TSH company. In short, you’d be entering a world of pain.

This might have been true many years ago, but I sort of shrug at it now (see above - those battles were litigated and lost, and there’s not a damn thing any of us can do about it). I do find it weird that BlowJet is the only one of the TSH umbrella to still be around post-2020’s forced rationalization of the regional sector.

The thing of it is, nowadays, there is no-one left to screw on this topic: Trans States Airlines is gone, and it is not coming back anytime soon either (though I suppose air carrier certificates never really die owing to how hard and expensive it typically is to get one, but again, gone outfit is gone).

Meh. TPIC is still TPIC.

From thelink:
"The pilots that fly for Gojet started working there because they anticipated a fast upgrade to captain instead of having to wait in line like everyone else. Because Gojet pilots did what they did and work without a contract, they are universally regarded throughout the industry as lower than whale • at the bottom of the ocean."

At of 2011, I applied to VX, NK, and GoJets as a DEC. At that time I was working for an ALPA regional that also happened to be the lowest paying regional jet job in the industry. 4.5 yrs as FO, and no movement / upgrade opportunities in sight. Our regional pilot contract was signed 1999, amendable 2005, and I was operating on it 2007-2010. It was NOT meant to live on RJ FO wages for the better part of a decade. If they had called, I would have taken it. As luck happened VX called.

That article reads like it only applies to the initial guys from trans states itself who crossed over. That’s on them. I don’t think it has any relevance today.

To the OP, don’t you need 1,000 hrs of airline time before getting a CA position? I don’t recall the exact rule without looking it up.

To the OP, don’t you need 1,000 hrs of airline time before getting a CA position? I don’t recall the exact rule without looking it up.

I thought I did, but I was told by someone that I think would know that my 135 jet pic time in a jet certified for 10 or more seats would count. Never got a confirmation from anyone at GoJet.

I thought I did, but I was told by someone that I think would know that my 135 jet pic time in a jet certified for 10 or more seats would count. Never got a confirmation from anyone at GoJet.

I believe it’s air carrier time, I dont think it has to be 121. Again I could be wrong.

All pic jet under 135 pax ops counts. If you're going to a regional, go to one where you won't be miserable. Endeavor, Republic, and Skywest are all good choices. I have had friends at Envoy who hate it, but a few of them flowed and are at AA. All the regionals left are a step down in pay and/or quality of life.

Back