Go-Arounds

There is. It’s a visual maneuver. What did you do on a T&G during training? You climb to pattern altitude, (1500ft AFE,) and re-enter the traffic pattern. Or do what the tower tells you what to do.
I'm not a fan of this 1500ft rule they implemented. Especially for ATL where the green page says fly published for ALL runways, yet guys bark at me for putting 3500 for the missed. If you want to get realllllly technical, when we do a visual approach, it is a visual maneuver conducted under IFR. The VFR traffic pattern is 1500 for jets. I see it as a different set of rules IFR vs VFR. I asked a tower controller buddy a while back what he'd expect me to climb to on a missed from a visual if no instructions and he said "not sure, probably the MSA". I told him we are to go to 1500 and he said "No way that is way too low". Who knows though, I wish the FAA would publish some guidance on it though.

I'm not a fan of this 1500ft rule they implemented. Especially for ATL where the green page says fly published for ALL runways, yet guys bark at me for putting 3500 for the missed. If you want to get realllllly technical, when we do a visual approach, it is a visual maneuver conducted under IFR. The VFR traffic pattern is 1500 for jets. I see it as a different set of rules IFR vs VFR. I asked a tower controller buddy a while back what he'd expect me to climb to on a missed from a visual if no instructions and he said "not sure, probably the MSA". I told him we are to go to 1500 and he said "No way that is way too low". Who knows though, I wish the FAA would publish some guidance on it though.

Those guys are wrong. The official guidance is pattern altitude unless the green page dictates otherwise.

Does no one read the fracking memos?

200_s.gif

Back