Global Alliance Academy of Flight?

F2FUN

Has anyone heard or know anything about Global Alliance Academy of Flight in Colorado? I know they are relatively new, but they make some heavy claims about their training.

I haven't done any training at GAAF, but I've been in contact with the president/owner David Vogel on and off for a few years now and he's a great guy. Their facilities are in TAC Air hangars at APA and they have three or four nice full cockpit FTD's (sorry, I don't know what kind or model or anything). The people have all been extremely nice and accomodating with all of my questions. They only own three aircraft I believe, may a few few more now, but I guess scheduling isn't too bad at all. They're a little more expensive than some other schools, not a guaranteed price, but estimate that 0 time to Commercial +CFI, CFII, MEI, and a glider rating in 12-18 months and about $55,000 (last time I talked to them). They have an interesting relationship with Utah Valley State College where you can earn college credits at UVSC, and thus qualify for federal financial aid for flight training... if you happen to be interested in something like that, they have an associates degree and a bachelors degree. They do require an application/interview process in which they claim only 30% acceptance. But definitely give David Vogel a call and I'm sure he or someone in his office will be more than happy to answer any questions you've got. If you haven't seen it yet, their web page is www.flygaaf.com. Good Luck

I just toured GAAF last week. Their facilities were very clean and well kept and the simulators were impressive (3 AST Hawk sims). David also mentioned that he would be getting a B1900 sim/ftd in the next few months. The folks I met there were very nice and accommodating--answered all of my questions.

They have 4 aircraft on line, but I did not get to see them. All of their instructors are current or former airline pilots, which I liked.

Seems like a great place, but I also would like to get more info from any current or former students before I apply.

Back